Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to join the Queen for a very special holiday together
The Queen will host Prince Harry and his new wife Meghan Markle at her Scottish estate during her holidays for the couple’s first visit there since their Royal Wedding.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are likely to head to Balmoral Castle to spend some time with Harry’s grandmother, which is customary for royal family members during the summer holiday.
- Sarah Ferguson 'changes her tune' about Meghan Markle leaving royal watchers 'surprised'
- Queen puts on brave face in first public appearance since Harry's 'genetic pain' swipe
- Prince Charles 'wants Harry and Meghan back in Royal Family despite rift' - insider claims
- Kate and William reveal their favourite family activities with George, Charlotte and Louis
The royal family often spends quality time together by going for walks on the estate, having picnics and cooking barbecues.
The Queen is taking time off from her busy Royal duties by spending a significant amount of time at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.
During the first week of August the longest-serving monarch will inspect the battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, who provide security during the royals stay.
Princess Eugenie once insisted the Queen was “most happiest” at the historic castle.
She said: “It’s the most beautiful place on earth. I think Granny is the happiest there.
“Walks, picnics, dogs, a lot of dogs — there’s always dogs and people coming in and out all the time.
- Prince Harry wants to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘pain and suffering’ of his childhood
- ‘Ridiculous!’ Meghan Markle’s book ‘deeply personal’ - plagiarism claim ‘beyond untrue’
- Prince Harry podcast: What did Harry say about Queen, Prince Charles and Royal Family?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's therapy claims at odds with each other
“Family-wise we’re all there, so it’s a lovely base for Granny and Grandpa to be — for us to come and see them up there where you just have room to breathe and run.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are likely to head to Balmoral Castle to spend some time with Harry’s grandmother
It will be Meghan Markle’s first holiday in Scotland after her Royal Wedding to Harry in May.
The Duke of Sussex took his then-girlfriend there in September just before their engagement was announced.
Newlyweds Meghan and Harry could attend the Braemar Gathering on Royal Deeside, seen as the biggest event in the Highland Games calendar
- Prince Charles ignored reporter’s question about Harry’s latest comments on parenting
- 'Unpleasant disloyal nonsense!' Harry's own biographer erupts at Duke's Royal Family swipe
- Prince Harry branded 'spoiled brat' as Piers Morgan erupts at Duke for 'trashing' Charles
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'divided' by new revelations – 'Could be driven apart'
Members of the Royal Family are typically present for rhe occasion, which always takes place on the first Saturday in September.
The Queen also hosts an event dubbed the Ghillies Ball that is a highly anticipated dance during her time in Scotland.
The 50,000 acres offers the privacy that Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip look for during their summer away from the public life.
Balmoral Castle has been the Scottish home of the Royal Family since it was bought for Queen Victoria by Prince Albert in 1852 for £32,000, having been first leased in 1848.
The property remains privately owned by the Queen – as is Sandringham – and is not publicly funded.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK