Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could see their famous waxworks at London’s Madame Tussauds moved out of the exhibition, as a royal expert claims the couple have joined the “rev-evaluation list”. After deciding to leave their roles as senior working royals, the waxworks were moved from the royal section and relocated to the Hollywood attraction, however, Neil Sean said that “bigger problems” face the waxworks as they risk being removed.
Royal commentator Neil Sean said: “As everything to do with the world of celebrity and that’s what Harry and Meghan are now, there are bigger problems looming over their waxworks at Madame Tussauds, and it’s this.
“Now thankfully, so far they’re not being threatened with being melted down, let me tell you there are many stars that have had that embarrassment.
“So far, Harry and Meghan have the indignation now to be moved out of the royal section and into the celebrity section, quite close to their friends George Clooney, Benedict Cumberbatch, people like that.
“But it gets worse, because every so often at Madame Tussauds, they re-evaluate exactly who’s in and who’s out, and sadly Harry and Meghan are now on that re-evaluation list.
Madame Tussauds had unveiled their waxworks ahead of their wedding in 2018
“They’re not alone in fact, because there’s quite a few others, including Tom Hardy, Kim Kardashian.”
Madame Tussauds unveiled the couple’s waxworks ahead of their royal wedding on May 19, 2018.
At the time, they were located in the royal section next to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, and Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.
After the couple announced in January 2020 that they would be stepping down from the Royal Family, Madame Tussauds stated that they would be moving the waxwork figures.
Steve Davies, the General Manager of the tourist attraction, said: “Alongside the rest of the world we are reacting to the surprising news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stepping back as senior royals.”
“From today Meghan and Harry’s figures will no longer appear in our Royal Family set.”
A year later, they were placed in the Hollywood section, and have continued to be a favourite amongst visitors.
A representative for the museum told Reuters: “Harry and Meghan have moved zones – Madame Tussauds London has moved its figures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to their brand new Awards Party zone to reflect their move from Frogmore to Hollywood.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle completed their final royal engagements in March 2020, and left the UK to live in California.
In a bid to become financially independent, the couple have signed a multi-million-pound deal with Netflix and Spotify, to produce a range of ‘informative’ and ‘uplifting’ content.
Their first two projects, a docu-series titled Heart of Invictus and an animated series Pearl, are currently in production.
The couple currently reside in Montecito, near Los Angeles, with their two young children, Archie Harrison and Lilibet Diana.
Source EXPRESS CO UK