KATE Middleton and Meghan Markle appear to be influencing each other’s fashion choices, despite claims of an ongoing feud between the pair.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Duchess of Sussex recently made it onto Vogue Magazine’s list of the best-dressed women in 2018, ranking third. Meghan, 37, is admired across the world for her fashion choices, and it seems the Duchess of Cambridge is taking cues from her sister-in-law’s wardrobe. Bright colours, sleeveless dresses and even trousers are among Meghan’s fashion staples, and her outfits appear to have inspired a major shift in Kate’s royal wardrobe.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
But Kate, 36, isn’t the only one taking inspiration from her sister-in-law’s outfit choices, as Meghan has started to re-wear outfits, a signature move of the Duchess of Cambridge.
On Christmas Day, the two sister’s in law wore similar outfits for the Christmas service at St Mary Magdalen’s Church, Sandringham.
Kate wore a crimson Catherine Walker coat, with her accessories, including a red Bayswater clutch by Mulberry, completing her festive outfit.
Meghan also opted for a monochromatic outfit, choosing a navy sheath dress with a matching coat and purse.
The co-ordinated outfits suggest that the reported rift between the pair may have finally come to an end.
As well as being similar to Meghan’s style choice on the day, Kate’s Christmas Day outfit bore a striking resemblance to the collared maroon dress and matching coat worn by Meghan during a visit to the Hobb Community Kitchen in west London last month.
But this is not the first time Kate has been seen to draw style inspiration from the Duchess of Sussex, with Kate opting for a pair of wide leg trousers earlier this month.
The outfit, worn during a trip to Cyprus, was seen to be strikingly similar to Meghan’s, who has worn flares to a number of royal engagement’s this year.
Meghan is known for her signature low ponytail, with Kate opting for a similar hairstyle during a visit to University College London in November.
The style similarities are seen to date back to earlier in the year.
In July Kate wore a Roksanda dress in a vibrant yellow at Wimbledon, just 10 days after Meghan made headlines for wearing a canary-hued Brandon Maxwell dress to the “Your Commonwealth” Youth Challenge reception in London’s Marlborough House.
During a visit to Cardiff in January Meghan wore a grey check number with a bardot neckline, and in October Kate opted for a tweed Erdem Dress which featured a similar neckline and pattern.
Meghan is also known for her off-the-shoulder outfits, such as her stunning black one-shoulder Givenchy gown worn to the British Fashion Awards earlier this month.
In October Kate finally ditched nude tights for bare legs, something Meghan has always favoured.
Meghan has also taken inspiration from Kate, by choosing to wear outfits more than once.
Kate is known for repeating her outfits, with Meghan also opting to wear items more than once, such as her ‘Davina’ dress by Erdem which she wore for the second time at the Queen’s Christmas lunch on December 20th.
On Christmas day the pair were seen to dispel rumours of an ongoing rift as they were seen smiling together as they walked back to Sandringham House after attending the Christmas church service with husbands Prince Harry and Prince William.
Meghan appeared to shut down rumours as she placed her hand on Kate’s back after they greeted fans hoping to catch a glimpse of the royal family in attendance.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK