Is this the ‘Sussex sit’? Meghan commits ANOTHER ‘royal faux pas’
Meghan Markle has committed another faux pas – seven weeks after marrying into the Royal Family when she tied the knot with Prince Harry.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
The Duchess of Sussex, 36, joined her fellow royals at the RAF centenary flypast at Westminster Abbey this morning where the 36-year-old sat with her legs crossed, a way of sitting which has been chastised by royal experts as “disrespectful”.
Slipping one leg over the other and leaning them to one side, an act that has given Meghan the nickname “Duchess Slant”, has been referred to as “the Sussex sit” by etiquette expert William Hanson.
Mr Hanson told the Daily Mail that historically, the American would have broken rules by doing this in historical times.
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
Slipping one leg over the over has been referred to as “the Sussex sit”
The American would have broken rules by doing this in historical times
He said: “Although used to be the custom that ladies (royal or non-royal) would never cross their legs, clearly the Duchess of Sussex is finding her own style and comfortable seating position by crossing her legs.
“Correctly, however, she is not letting there be too much of a gap between her ankles, which can look very ungainly when done by women or men.”
The Duchess of Sussex faced criticism for sitting in the same manner at last month’s Young Leaders Reception at Buckingham Palace.
The former Suits actress was today dressed in a black Dior gown which sat off her shoulders – another way in which Meghan has broke royal protocol in her short time as a royal.
She has also put on public displays of affection towards Prince Harry
At her wedding, she wore an off-the-shoulder gown and shortly afterward, a blush pink gown of the same style to the Queen’s Trooping the Colour celebration.
The style was deemed inappropriate as female members of the royal family tend to cover more flesh at public events.
Meghan also broke royal protocol by going against tradition by giving a speech at her wedding, not wearing nude tights and spending Christmas with the Queen before she married Prince Harry on May 19.
She has also put on public displays of affection towards Prince Harry, 33, by touching his hand and holding it, which is behavior rarely seen by the Royal Family.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK