“When they signed up for Netflix, it was to make a programme. They had this vision of sort of being like Barack and Michelle Obama and making very worthy documentaries.
“That’s already gone by the by. Harry’s made a programme about his Invictus Project for injured service men. We don’t have a broadcast yet planned for that.
“And Meghan’s big project, which was a children’s animated programme called Pearl, that’s been candled together.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle did not initially have the Netflix series in the works
Richard Eden says the Sussexes originally didn’t want to do the Netflix series
Buckingham Palace has been accused of “institutional racism” after a black charity boss said she was faced with “relentless” questioning over her ethnicity by the late Queen’s lady-in-waiting. Ngozi Fulani, of Sistah Space, Britain’s leading domestic abuse charity for black women, described a “traumatic” encounter with Lady Susan Hussey.
However, Prince Harry and Meghan’s respective projects appear to have been overshadowed by the upcoming Netflix docu-series.
“So, the first thing we’re seeing is a reality show, a docu-series about them. This has not been made by Archwell. This is very much a Netflix project,” Mr Eden said, insisting the couple have not had a say over the series production.
“For everyone, you can imagine Harry and Meghan being nervous about the reaction.”
Very little information has been revealed about the Netflix docu-series, which could see the light of the day as soon as December 8, according to industry insiders.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had other projects lined up before the Netflix series
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set up the Archewell company when they moved to the US
The series, which will showcase the royals’ love story, is reportedly going through changes, with an unnamed source telling Page Six the docu-series was once called “Chapters”. The new title has not yet been made public.
The Sussexes had previously dropped the project’s original director, Garrett Bradley, over disagreements and brought in Liz Garbus instead.
In an interview with Variety, Meghan praised Liz Garbus who she has entrusted with the project: “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story — a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired — even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it. But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.”
As soon as they created their own organisation, Netflix partnered with the couple for a new deal
As soon as they created their own organisation, Netflix partnered with the couple for a shiny new deal with Netflix.
In a statement, the Sussexes said: “Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope. As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.”
They added that Netflix’s “unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK