It is believed the medical team acted out of caution to have her admitted on Wednesday.
Royal biographer, Angela Levin, has said her late husband Prince Philip would have taken the reins and exercised a “bit of control”.
Ms Levin said the Duke of Edinburgh would likely have said “Look, stop it, don’t go to so many engagements and relax a bit.”
Prince Philip would have been firm with the Queen
Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II
While speaking to talkRADIO today, Ms Levin suggested it would be best for the Queen to take a step back to allow her body to recover.
She said: “I think it’s a fight between her head and her body because she wants to do it, she feels she can, she’s very articulate, she’s absolutely spot on with everything she says, but her body is 95 years old.
“I think she thinks she does it best [compared to other royals] and she’s the most experienced, but I think the main thing is the religious one, that when she was 21 and she said that she would do her best to be the Queen and with God’s help she would do it until she died.”
Ms Levin suggested breaking this promise would make the Queen feel “very bad” as she is devout.
Queen Elizabeth II seen walking with a stick
The Queen’s recent hospital visit marked her first overnight stay in eight years.
Over her 69-year reign the Queen has managed to avoid any severe health issues, in fact everyone is in awe of her ability to keep up with royal duties as well as she does.
The last time she was hospitalised was in 2013, due to suffering symptoms of gastroenteritis – a condition that causes diarrhoea and vomiting.
Since then she has visited her private hospital – King Edward VII for a routine health check-up.
Although this seems relatively normal for someone of the monarch’s age, at the time speculation surrounding her health grew.
Again in 2016 the Queen’s health was thrown into question when she was forced to delay Christmas travel plans due to her and her husband Prince Philip suffering from “heavy colds”.
Due to what was probably natural winter cold and flu, the royal couple had to spend the festive period at Sandringham rather than their usual residence of King’ Lynn.
Prince Philip passed away in April
The Duke of Edinburgh passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle in April at the age of 99 after spending a month in hospital.
Buckingham Palace issued a statement following the news and said: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.
“Further announcements will be made in due course.
“The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK