Catherine Duchess of Cambridge’s family rocked by crisis
He’s been described as the black sheep of the Middleton family, and the Duchess of Cambridge’s uncle Gary Goldsmith has become embroiled in scandal again after facing court over a shocking domestic violence incident with his wife.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
The 52-year-old businessman pleaded guilty to assault after he drunkenly attacked his wife Julie-Ann following a charity event in London last month.
The Duchess’ family is in the headlines following her uncle’s court appearance. Photo: Getty
He was freed on bail after appearing at Westminster’s magistrates court but will sentenced on November 21 after details of the incident which occurred following a taxi ride home – and in front of the driver – were revealed.
Gary has pleaded guilty to a drunken attack on his wife Julie-Ann last month. Photo: Getty
“The argument took place in the back of a taxi,” the Daily Mail reports prosecutor Kate Shilton telling the court.
“They both got out of the taxi and [Mr Shepherd] describes Mrs Goldsmith slapping her husband to the face.
“He then describes how Mr Goldsmith punches her hard in the face using a left hook.
‘Mrs Goldsmith has then fallen backwards. He says, ‘She appears to be unconscious, she isn’t moving’.”
Pictured here at Pippa Middleton’s wedding, Gary has been labelled the black sheep of the family.
Gary is the younger brother of Carole Middleton, and had earlier that night posted a picture of himself with fourth wife Julie-Ann bidding on a bucket list trip to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Hours before the attack, Gary posted a selfie with Julie-Ann at the event in London. Photo: Twitter
It’s the latest in a long string of scandals for Gary, who was in attendance at both Kate and Pippa’s weddings.
Despite the scandal, Kate was seen making an appearance at Hornsey Road Children’s Centre. Photo: Getty
Known for his love of partying, the businessman was filmed by an undercover reporter in 2009 talking about cocaine use and procuring prostitutes.
“People like to think that I’m this black sheep, a bad boy,” he’s said in the past. “I’m not really. I’ve had my moments – I’m not totally innocent – but am I disliked by my family? No, that is simply not true.”
Source: nz news yahoo com
Tags: Middleton, Julie-Ann, Gary Goldsmith, Kate Middleton, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, Old Businessman, Assault, Attacked, London, Black Sheep, Middleton Family