Kate Middleton news: What are the FOUR items Kate ALWAYS carries in her bag?
KATE has become known for her elegance and minimalistic style since she joined the British royal family. Here are the four items the Duchess of Cambridge won’t leave home without.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
The Duchess of Cambridge normally only carries a tiny handbag when she’s out and about on her royal duties. And while most people may leave half-eaten chocolate bars, old receipts and other unnecessary tats, Kate has chosen a more tidy and practical approach.
The four items Kate Middleton carries in her bag
According to Marcia Moody, author of Kate: A Biography, the Duchess of Cambridge only carries four items with her at all times.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The first item is a compact mirror, presumably to check if her make-up is on point when she’s out on royal duties.
As the temperatures have significantly dropped recently Kate’s lip balm makes sure her lips stay moisturised at all times.
In addition the future Queen of England carries blotting paper, used to remove sweat or excess oil from the face.
The final item is a handkerchief.
This will help both the Duchess of Cambridge and her children – Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – to deal with any sniffles.
Interestingly, a mobile phone does not make the cut.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
However, that does not mean the Duchess is not as addicted to her phone as the rest of us.
During an interview with Radio 1’s Scott Mills, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge admitted they are on their phones a lot.
In the interview, Prince William said: “Unfortunately we use ours far too much.”
The Queen is said to be carrying a mobile phone on her at all times, but the royals’ phone numbers are reportedly a major security issue.
To stay safe, the royals use special code names to protect themselves.
Kate’s initials DC (Duchess of Cambridge) are used to create simple names for her to hide her identity.
This can include discussing her whereabouts as well as her personal number on a mobile phone.
The name used for Kate has been revealed to be Daphne Clark, according to the Daily Mail.
Prince William also uses a similar name with the initials DC; Danny Collins.
Meghan and Harry are also reported to have codenames – Davina Scott and David Stevens.
An insider told Daily Star: “It is far too risky in the wrong hands.
“They get given code names but they are changed regularly for obvious reasons.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK