Kate Middleton news: How Prince William left Kate Middleton FUMING after ‘separation’
Kate Middleton was left “miserable” when Prince William headed off on an all-boys holiday following their “trial separation”, a book has revealed.
Kate Middleton and Prince William married in 2011, completing the nation’s fantasy of a royal fairy tale. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have now been happily married for seven years and have three beautiful children, however, their relationship wasn’t always easy sailing. The parents of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis met while studying at St Andrews University, but hit a snag in their romance in 2004 when their studies came to an end.
William and Kate had a “trial separation” during this time, book “The Duchess of Cambridge: How Kate Middleton Became A Future Queen”, has revealed.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
If this wasn’t hard enough for the couple, the Duchess was also said to have been fuming when William decided to take off on an all-boys sailing holiday with friend Guy Pelly, an acquaintance Kate had “never thought highly of”.
Meghan Markle’s sister-in-law was believed to have been left “miserable” when she found out Guy – who she saw as a “bad influence” on the young Prince – had hired an all-female crew for their trip away.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
To deal with the separation, Kate packed her bags and returned home to Berkshire where she spent the summer with her family, the book claims.
While William was away, Kate is said to have “let her guard down” around friends about her relationship with the Prince.
One of Kate’s friends revealed: “She got quite drunk on white wine and really let her guard down. She was debating whether or not she should text or call him.
“She said how sad she was and how much she was missing William but she never mentioned it after that.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The couple’s trial separation was promoted by William’s apparent desire for space and the question of what would come of the romance following their time at university.
Despite bumps in the road, the couple finally got back together for good in 2007, and went on to announce their engagement on November 10, 2010.
William gifted his bride the late Princess Diana’s engagement ring and the pair married in a lavish ceremony on April 29, 2011.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK