Footage shared to Instagram shows couples leaving St Mary Magdalene Church
Meghan apparently turned to speak to William but he seemed to avoid her
Prince, 36, was more intent on fixing his scarf instead of speaking to anyone
Royal fans claim moment was proof of tension between the pair
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex quashed feud rumours by putting on a united display on Christmas Day, but now eagle-eyed royal fans have spotted another potential source of tension.
Footage of the couples leaving St Mary Magdalene Church at Sandringham, posted to Instagram, appears to show Meghan turning to William to engage him in conversation.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
However, the future King didn’t catch her eye and instead was intent on fixing his scarf, which he continually fidgeted with before getting into the waiting car.
And some were convinced it was proof of William, 36, giving his pregnant sister-in-law the cold shoulder.
Harry and William have reportedly experienced tensions in their relationship over the past year after the elder brother questioned whether Meghan was a suitable wife for his sibling.
Previously, the Mail on Sunday learned from one of William’s closest friends that the Prince had doubts about how suitable Meghan might be as his brother’s bride – and that he voiced them.
It is understood William’s concerns reached the ears of the Queen and, more pertinently, of Harry himself.
One member of William’s circle told the MoS: ‘The problem is that the Cambridges felt things had moved very quickly between Harry and Meghan. Wills particularly was worried and felt close enough to Harry to voice his thoughts.’
Previously, it was thought that the main source of tension between the two couples stemmed from Meghan and Kate not getting on.
However, the pair are said to have been ordered by the Queen to put on a show of unity together at the Christmas Day church service in Sandringham.
Her Royal Highness and Prince Charles allegedly made it clear that any rift between the two duchesses must be kept out of the public eye as they arrived together at the St Mary Magdalene Church.
The two appeared to take the advice on board as they were seen laughing and joking while photographers captured the pair walking towards the church.
A source told The Sun: ‘The Queen and Charles have allowed the situation to play out without overtly interfering — but they both made it clear that Christmas was for the whole family to really come together.
‘That meant the two couples walking into church together as the Fab Four just like they had last year. Yes, it was awkward and uncomfortable given what’s gone on over the past 12 months.
‘But the alternative of even more negativity on Christmas Day wasn’t worth thinking about.’
The Queen allegedly told Kate and pregnant Meghan to put their differences aside by the time they sat down to watch her speech along with the rest of the nation at 3pm on BBC.
Rumours of the feud surfaced when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they were moving out of Kensington Palace to live in Frogmore House in Windsor.
There were also reports of a falling out between Meghan and Kate during Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress fitting before the royal wedding earlier this year.
Source: DAILYMAIL MAILONLINE