‘How could you do that to us?’ The ONE thing Prince Harry can’t forgive Diana for…
Prince William and Prince Harry have revealed unseen photographs of their mother for the first time – as the Royal family prepares to mark 20 years since her death.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
Princess Diana was just 36 when she died in a car accident in Paris, France.
Her sons William and Harry have been private about their lives since her tragic passing, but two decades on, have opened up about the magical moments they shared together.
Prince William spoke of how he felt his mother with him on the day he married the Duchess of Cambridge.
His brother, Harry, was tearful as he remembered his mum.
However, they also remembered their mother, the people’s princess, with great humour – especially over their clothes.
Looking back at family photos, Prince Harry said the clothes were not welcomed by the boys.
He said: “I would love to ask her now because I genuinely think she got satisfaction out of dressing myself and William up in the most bizarre outfits.
“Normally matching – it was weird shorts – shiny shoes with a clip on. The photos just make me laugh and I think ‘how could you do that to us?’.
“We got to the age where William would go ‘this is ridiculous, I’m the older brother why do I have to be dressed the same as him?’.
“And I said ‘hold on a minute if you’re going to be dressed differently I’m not going to be the only one looking like this’.
“I like to think she had fun dressing us up – I sure as hell am going to dress my kids the same way.”
Prince Harry said his mother would “sneak us” into the cinema and drive them through country lanes with the roof down.
He said she tried to keep them as “normal” as she could in Kensington Palace where they grew up.
He said: “My mother cherished the moments of privacy and being a mother, rather than the Princess of Wales.
“She tried to ensure both of us had as normal life as possible.”
The youngest of Diana’s sons said his mother enjoyed taking her boys for burger.
Prince Harry, who is currently dating actress Meghan Markle, said his mother would stuff their socks with Starburst sweets when they went to football.
He described her as one of the “naughtiest parents”.
He said: “I think she lived a lot of her life, especially in private, through us. That childish fun element really came out when she was spending time with us.
“Our mother was a total kid through and through. All I can hear is her laugh in my head, that crazy laugh where there was pure happiness shown on her face.
“One of her mottos was ‘you can be as naughty as you want just don’t get caught’.”
“She smothered us with love,” Prince Harry said in ITV documentary Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy.
“Of course as her son I would say that she is the best mum in the world.
“To myself and William she was the best mother ever.”
Prince William said: “They always live with you people you lose like that, and my mother lives with me every day.”
Harry, who was 12 when his mother died said he remembers his mum as “fun” and “loving”.
Prince William was 15 at the time of Diana’s death.
Prince Harry has continued his mother’s legacy, bringing awareness over Aids and homelessness issues, not only in the UK but around the world.
Earlier this year he travelled to Barbados with singer Rihanna to encourage HIV testing.
Speaking about his mum and her courage at bringing the issues to light, at a time when people were afraid of the disease and the destitute, he said: “Thank God for her.”
Diana, Princess of Wales, was the first wife of Prince Charles.
She died on August 31, 1997.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Prince William, Prince Harry, Princess Diana, Diana William and Harry, Diana Death, UK World, around the world, Travelled to Barbados, Rihanna, HIV Testing, naughtiest parents