A REFORMED Prince Harry is heading for his first dry New Year – without even tea or coffee to get him through the celebrations. He had already given up alcohol in sympathy with wife Meghan during her pregnancy with their first child.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
It is in stark contrast to last year when the couple flew out to Monte Carlo and Monaco and “partied like tycoons”. Meghan has persuaded former hard-partying Harry to replace alcohol and caffeine with still mineral water. An amazed Royal Family noticed the difference in him during their festive break at the Queen’s Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Duke of Sussex looked fitter, leaner and bright-eyed as he and Meghan walked to Christmas services at nearby St Mary Magdalene church.
Now they are reportedly heading for a New Year reunion with the duchess’s yoga-teaching mother Doria Ragland, who had turned down an invitation to Sandringham.
Friends have noticed that not only has Harry’s physical health improved recently, but he seems calmer too.
One said: “Considering he’s been a pretty brutal drinker since he was a young teenager, it’s quite an achievement.
“He was always fidgeting and on the go, always looking for the next thrill.
“He was a great laugh but it was always very full on.”
They added: “Now his new regime doesn’t make him the most entertaining party guest in the world, but he’s definitely more chilled and relaxed.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Many of Harry’s party-loving drinking pals have been quietly weeded out of the Prince’s contacts list since his marriage.
A friend explained: “All she [Meghan] did was show him there’s another way to live and he’s become a huge fan. He eats well, doesn’t poison his body, exercises, does a bit of yoga and is a lot happier.”
Meanwhile, Meghan is looking to make changes, too.
As in past years, she has resolved to stop biting her nails and swearing.
And while Meghan’s 2018 has been “turbulent” enough to spark outbursts, she is not believed to have rattled palace protocol with any cussing.
One aide joked: “That is very much the Duke of Edinburgh’s territory and he’s the only member of the family the Queen allows to get away with it.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK