HEARTBREAKING NEWS: Queen saddened by the death of loved one
The Queen has bid a sad farewell to her pet dog Whisper, who sadly died last week aged 12. The monarch had adopted the corgi after owner Bill Fenwick, a former gamekeeper at Sandringham, passed away in January 2017. According to the Daily Mail, Whisper is understood to have fallen ill some weeks ago, but was well enough to travel back from Scotland to Windsor at the end of the Queen’s summer break. Vets were called in to Windsor Castle last week, where Whisper sadly died. Buckingham Palace had no comment to make when HELLO! contacted.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Queen has been surrounded by her dogs for years
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The Queen is still the proud owner of Candy and Vulcan, who famously made an appearance in the 2012 James Bond London Olympics sketch. But the dogs are corgi-dachshund crosses and not full corgis. The Queen’s last corgi which she reared herself – Willow – died in April this year.
The monarch’s corgis have been keeping her in good canine company for years. She received her first corgi, Susan, when she was 18, and even took the little pooch on her honeymoon with Prince Philip. She also grew up surrounded by corgis as a young girl.
Meghan receives a feminist drawing of her dog:
Her pets, who have mainly been descendants of Susan, have, on occasion, played starring roles in the Queen’s public life. Apart from the hilarious London 2012 Olympics sketch, Holly, Willow, Vulcan and Candy also joined the Queen in her official 90th birthday portrait, shot by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz. Sadly, six months after the photos were released, Holly passed away.
Source: HELLO MAGAZINE