8 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Related to Royalty
Having a Princess Diaries moment—the sudden discovery that you are related to royalty—is an evergreen fantasy: Who among us hasn’t idly daydreamed about a life with fancy dresses, stunning jewels, and beautiful, ancient castles to live in?
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Well, as it turns out, plenty of celebrities in Hollywood can say they’re equal parts yas, kween and yes, Queen. Here’s a list of eight celebrities related to royals.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
Hilary Duff and Queen Elizabeth II
As an 18th cousin, the Younger star is reportedly the closest American celebrity relative of Queen Elizabeth II. Is it enough to get invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s hopefully impending nuptials? Unlikely, but one can hope.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Beyoncé and Queen Elizabeth II
We always knew Beyoncé was royalty, but CBS News confirmed it: Queen Bey is the 25th cousin, once removed, of Queen Elizabeth II. Someone get her access to the Crown Jewels, stat. It’s for the greater good.
Both the Depp and the Queen are descendants of Edward III, making the actor a 20th cousin of the British monarch.
Madonna, Céline Dion, and Camilla Parker Bowles
Turns out two of music’s biggest divas are related to the wife of Prince Charles: All three are descended from a prominent 17th-century French-Canadian family.
President George W. Bush and Princess Diana
The American political dynasty is connected to a very British one: George and Jeb Bush are 11th cousins, twice removed, of the People’s Princess.
Ellen DeGeneres and Kate Middleton
Thanks to a link through Brit Sir Thomas Fairfax, the talk show host and queen-in-waiting are distant cousins.
When DeGeneres discovered the relation, she tried to leverage it for one thing: a meeting with Prince George (honestly, who wouldn’t?).
“I saw that picture of Prince George in his robe with President Obama and I’m like, ‘I have a clothing line [ED by Ellen]; I can give him clothes; I can make a special robe for him,’ ”she told a British tabloid. “I don’t know why they don’t want to get in good with me because I’m like a gravy train for that kid.”
Guy Ritchie and Kate Middleton
Ritchie actually boasts a close relationship with the Duchess of Cambridge—the two are sixth cousins, and the director was invited to her 2011 wedding to Prince William.
Ralph Fiennes and Prince Charles
Both The Grand Budapest Hotel actor and the expected future King of England are descendants of King James II of Scotland, making them eighth cousins.
It’s unlikely that any of these celebrities related to royals will ever don a crown, but Queen Hilary Duff? Has a nice ring to it.
Source: vogue com
Tags: Queen Elizabeth II, Ralph Fiennes and Prince Charles, Guy Ritchie and Kate Middleton, Ellen DeGeneres and Kate Middleton, President George W. Bush and Princess Diana, Madonna, Céline Dion, and Camilla Parker Bowles, Johnny Depp and Queen Elizabeth II, Beyoncé and Queen Elizabeth II, Hilary Duff and Queen Elizabeth II