It comes as Netflix confirmed season five of ‘The Crown’ would not be delayed following Her Majesty’s death and would premier on November 9 as planned. The latest series will focus on the breakdown of the marriage of the then Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, spanning from years 1991 to 1997.
Miles Teller breached royal protocol and ‘blacked out’ when meeting Cambridges
The 35 year old American actor admitted that he had broken royal protocol when he met the Prince William and Kate Middleton at a Royal Film Performance screening for his film Top Gun: Maverick in London in May.
Mr Teller made the admission on Wednesday when he was appearing on the US TV programme The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. According to Mr Teller who played Lt. Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw in the film he and his costars had been given a list of “rules of dos and don’ts” when meeting the royal couple.
According to the actor, despite having a sheet with the appropriate etiquette for meeting the future King and Queen, he made a mistake almost immediately.
He said: “There’s a lot of etiquette … and I kind of had a sheet so I wouldn’t mess it up.
“Right off the bat I messed up: You’re not supposed to extend your hand right off the bat unless they do.”
However the Whiplash star said the Cambridges were “very disarming” when he met them.
He admitted that he was “lost” looking at the Duke’s eyes and that the Duchess was both “beautiful” and “regal”.
He said: “I was lost.
“In Prince William’s eyes … I mean, blue as the bluest ocean, Jimmy, what do you want?
“Bora Bora … and Kate is beautiful and very cordial and holds herself so well, yeah, regal … but with William I don’t know, I blacked out.”
Kate recalls her children’s spontaneous reaction to her engagement snaps with William
The Prince and Princess of Wales made their first visit to Wales with their new titles in the last week of September 2022.
Kate Middleton’s children were left amused after looking at her engagement photos with Prince William, a news report has stated.
According to a news report, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis saw the photos during their first visit to Wales on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, Kate and Prince William stepped out in Wales, marking their first visit to the nation since becoming the Prince and Princess of Wales following the death of Queen Elizabeth.
According to People, while meeting well-wishers, Kate spotted one person who was holding a flag featuring the couple’s engagement photo from 2010.
“Oh my goodness, is that from our engagement?” the royal said, in a video shared by TikTok user mariahedges8.
She said: “We always laugh about this. Although we’ve been married for 11 years, we’ve been together for double that, so it’s extraordinary.”
Kate then revealed her three children’s reactions to seeing the snaps: “The children look back at the photos and say, ‘Mummy, you look so young!’”
Kate and Prince William, both 40, met as students at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.
They publicly announced their engagement in November 2010, a few weeks after William popped the question while they were vacationing in Kenya.
Harry and Meghan’s children could miss out on titles
A fresh discussion on royal titles has been sparked after the Queen of Denmark stripped half of her grandchildren of their titles.
Royal historian Marlene Koenig has suggested the children of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could also miss out on titles.
She told Express.co.uk there was a general trend within European royal families of slimming down.
The historian said: “There is definitely a movement in the European royal houses to further limit the size of their royal families. George V started the process with the 1917 Letters Patent limiting the HRH and title of Prince and Princess to the children of the sovereign, grandchildren in the male line and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales (which ERII changed in 2012 to all the children of the eldest son of the POW because of the new succession law).”
Mrs Koenig added that “most of Europe’s monarchies are now gender equal”.
Kate ‘had years to adjust to royal life’ but Meghan couldn’t ‘get it straight in her mind’
Kate, Princess of Wales, had “years to adjust” to Royal Family life and the media scrutiny it brings, whereas Meghan had a different experience, a royal expert has claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex, 41, became a working royal following her wedding to Prince Harry in 2018, whereas Kate married Prince William back in 2011.
Prince Harry showed his ‘paranoia’ turning down William’s offer to meet
Prince Harry displayed “paranoia” in turning down Prince William’s invitation to meet after the Duke of Sussex said the two brothers were on separate paths, royal expert Richard Eden has said.
He told Palace Confidential: “The first thing William wanted to do – he was shocked – was go to see his brother and talk about it.
“So, he made contact but Harry wanted to know who would come with him, who would need to know about him coming, and William had to say ‘Well, I would have to tell my private secretary because I will have to change my arrangements for tomorrow’.
“And Harry reportedly said, ‘Well, if anyone else knows about it, do not come’. And I mean that is really an insight into the paranoia [affecting Harry].
“Just the level of distrust there was at this point and you can tell that they really were on their way out of the Royal Family by then.”
Prince William ‘frustrated’ after Prince Harry and Meghan given role ‘he had his eye on’
Prince William was “frustrated” by Prince Harry and Meghan carrying out a role the elder brother “had his eye on”, a royal expert has claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were appointed President and Vice Presidet of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust while working as senior royals.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK