PRINCE HARRY fell out with Prince William and branded his older brother a “snob” after he was warned to take it slow in his relationship with Meghan Markle, a new bombshell royal book has claimed.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Prince William feared Harry had been “blindsided by lust” when he first met Meghan Markle in 2016, a new book about Meghan and Harry called Finding Freedom has claimed. In the publication serialised by the Times and the Sunday Times, it is also claimed members within the royal circle had raised concerns over his new girlfriend.
The book quotes one senior royal branding Meghan as “Harry’s showgirl”, while an aide claimed she “comes with a lot of baggage”.
Co-authors, Carolyn Durand and Omid Scobie, say Harry was particularly offended by William’s advice to “take as much time as you need to get to know this girl”.
But Harry allegedly took offence to the phrase “this girl”, and interpreted it as “snobbish and condescending”.
The book quotes a friend of Harry as saying: “Harry could see through William’s words. He was being a snob.”
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
The Royal Family at the Commonwealth service in March (Image: GETTY)
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
Prince William reportedly warned Harry about his relationship with Meghan Markle (Image: AFP)
The authors, who had access to Harry and Meghan’s close pals, claim Harry was angered at being treated as “immature”.
They also pointed to his decade-long stint in the military where he had learnt not to make “snap judgments about people”.
The book adds: “Harry heard the tone of snobbishness that was anathema to his approach to the world.
“During his ten-year career in the military, outside the royal bubble, he had learnt not to make snap judgments about people based on their accent, education, ethnicity, class or profession.
The claims were made in a new royal book Finding Freedom (Image: NC)
“Harry was tired of the dynamic that had become established between him and his older brother.
“There had come a point when Harry no longer felt as though he needed looking after.
“There was a thin line between caring and condescending.
“William may have felt he was acting out of concern, but Harry was offended his brother treated him as if he were immature.”
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are currently living in LA (Image: GETTY)
The book also claims, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge did little to bridge the divide and never really got to know Meghan.
It adds by the time Meghan and Harry left their senior royal roles the two households were barely speaking.
The quartet once dubbed the “Fab Four” were last seen together at the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in March and it is claimed they barely spoke and Kate blanked Meghan.
A timeline of events which lead to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry leaving the Royal Family (Image: EXPRESS)
The co-authors state: “Although Meghan tried to make eye contact with Kate, the duchess barely acknowledged her.”
A spokesman for Harry and Meghan said the couple did not contribute to the book.
He said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not interviewed and did not contribute to Finding Freedom.
“This book is based on the authors’ own experiences as members of the royal press corps and their own independent reporting.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK