Prince Harry accused Queen Camilla of being willing to trade information with the press to rehabilitate her image after being depicted as a “villain” for years.
King Charles III coronation details revealed by Palace
He added: “In any walk of life if you are not doing the job, you lose the perks. Harry and Meghan can’t have their cake and eat it.” News the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were asked to vacate their official residence in England broke on Wednesday. Royal biographer Omid Scobie reported sources claiming the Sussexes were left “stunned” by the decision, communicated to them shortly after the release of Spare in January. In the book and in interviews accompanying its launch, Harry claimed Camilla was willing to trade information with the press to improve her image. Speaking to US journalist Anderson Cooper in January, the Duke said what made the now Queen Consort “dangerous” was “the need for her to rehabilitate her image”. He added: “That made her dangerous because of the connections that she was forging within the British press. And there was an open willingness on both sides to trade information and with a family built on hierarchy, and with her on the way to being Queen Consort, there was going to be people or bodies left in the street because of that.”
Harry and Meghan could receive huge payout after being evicted from Frogmore
The Sussexes were gifted the gorgeous five-bed cottage on the Windsor estate on their wedding day by Queen Elizabeth.
The Duke and Duchess are being evicted from Frogmore Cottage as King Charles is reportedly planning to give the Windsor home to the disgraced Prince Andrew.
While Harry and Meghan only resided on the property for six months, they made costly renovations with taxpayers’ money.
However, now “financially independent”, the royal couple paid back the renovation costs, sparking questions in royal circles as to whether they would be owed any money in return.
Prince William and Kate ‘on board’ with King Charles’s decision to evict the Sussexes
On Wednesday, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed the news that the pair have been booted from their Windsor home.
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be “on board” with King Charles’s decision to evict the Sussexes from Frogmore Cottage, claimed a royal expert.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been served a notice to vacate Frogmore Cottage which was gifted to them by the late Queen Elizabeth.
Prince Harry and Meghan refurbished the property, owned by the Crown Estate, at an estimated cost of £2.4m in 2018-19.
The cost was initially covered by taxpayers through the Sovereign Grant before being repaid in full by the duke.
On Wednesday, a spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan confirmed the news and stated: “We can confirm The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage.”
Former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond, told OK! That the Prince and Princess of Wales would “absolutely support” the eviction as they “probably do not want the Sussexes as neighbours”.
Meghan and Harry ‘got what they wanted’ as Frogxit eviction likely ‘leaked by Sussexes’
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been asked to “vacate” their UK home just weeks after Harry’s damning book Spare was released, the couple have confirmed.
Harry and Meghan’s spokesperson said a “request” had been made for the Sussexes to give up Frogmore Cottage close to Windsor Castle.
Royal commentator Lee Cohen has told Express.co.uk that the royal couple “got what they wanted” after two years of giving interviews about the Royal Family.
He said: “The duo got what they wanted to withdraw from Britain and from the duties that were never a fit for them.
“They were initially welcomed with great joy in the country where Harry is a Prince of the Blood, but their behavior has understandably made them deeply unpopular there, so why should Frogmore or any residence be reserved for them when they don’t want to be there and neither do the citizens of Britain want them there.
“The King has shown great patience and empathy for his son in the face of all the insufferable insults and assaults.
“Prince Harry heavily tipped to not attend King Charles’ coronation after Frogmore snub
Prince Harry has been tipped to not attend the coronation of King Charles on May 6.
The Duke of Sussex has only further soured relations with his family after the release of his memoir ‘Spare’ and interviews with the press.
Bookmaker William Hill have now slashed their odds for Prince Harry to not attend the Coronation.
Harry is now priced at 2/7 to not attend, down from 11/8 last month.
The odds of Harry attending have moved to 5/2 from 8/15 last month.
King Charles fell into ‘political trap’ with Brexit meeting and was ‘manipulated by Sunak’
King Charles was “manipulated by Rishi Sunak” into his controversial meeting with Ursula von der Leyen at Windsor Castle on Monday, according to the Daily Express royal correspondent.
Richard Palmer gave his take on the decision on this week’s Royal Round Up, where he argued there was a case for and against the King meeting with the President of the European Commission.
The British monarchy is expected to maintain a strictly apolitical stance, however critics have suggested that by hosting Ms von der Leyen for tea just after the new Brexit deal was announced the King is showing his support for the ‘Windsor Framework’.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK