Germaine Greer SLAMS Princess Diana as ‘worst f**k in the country’ in live TV interview
GERMAINE GREER called the late Princess Diana “the worst f**k in the country” in a shocking outburst during an awkward TV interview.
Feminist writer Germaine, 78, is famous for not mincing her words and her appearance on Sam Delaney’s News Thing was certainly no exception.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
The chat, which is set to air on Channel RT UK tonight, sees the outspoken author blasting Princess Diana’s legacy as a role model.
“If Diana was still alive today, would she just be one of these people eating kangaroo penis on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!?” Sam could be seen asking the panel in a preview.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
“I suspect not actually,” Germaine replied. “But it’s interesting to think, would we still like her if she was 56? And I think we probably wouldn’t.
“We didn’t even like the Queen when she was 56,” she added. “We don’t like middle-aged women very much.
“How would Diana have middle-aged?” Germaine continued, asking: “What would the tally be of the men who had dumped her by that stage? It would be 40 or 50 probably, worst f**k in the county by all accounts.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
After the host roared with laughter at her blunt claim, he went on to question her about whether the Princess of Wales was a good feminist role model.
“No!” she exclaimed instantly, before going on to criticise Diana’s “neediness”.
“She was too dependent on the love of men, I think,” she explained. “And she was prepared to humiliate herself to get it and she blew it every time.
“I think she just didn’t understand that neediness is not sexy, and that’s probably what went wrong.”
Her bold attitude appeared to soften however, as she admitted: “It is such a catalogue of disasters and your heart does ache for her.”
Sam Delaney’s News Thing airs tonight at 10.25pm on RT UK.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Princess Diana, Princess of Wales, Prince Charles, Diana and Charles