Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge was mentioned in the interview in regards to reports suggesting the wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sparked a feud between the two duchesses. The Duchess of Sussex insisted the pair had moved past the incident but Kate was said to have been “disappointed and hurt” to see the issue resurface. Royal commentator Ashley Pearson claimed however the Duchess put her feelings aside to “broker the peace” between Prince William and his younger brother.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
Speaking to 9News Australia, commentator Ashley Pearson said: “The thing William is said to be the most aggrieved about in the Oprah Winfrey interview were the comments Meghan made about Catherine.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
“Kate was really the injured party and was said to be deeply hurt by the assertions on the part of Meghan.
“So for Kate to be the one to actually broker the peace, it was rather extraordinary.”
During her interview with Oprah Winfrey in March, Meghan Markle addressed reports suggesting she had made Kate cry in the run-up to her wedding to Prince Harry in 2018.
Meghan said: “The reverse happened.
“And I don’t say that to be disparaging to anyone, because it was a really hard week of the wedding, and she was upset about something.
“But she owned it, and she apologized and she brought me flowers and a note apologizing.”
The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted breaking the ice with Prince Harry in the aftermath of Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.
Kate kicked off the conversation as the pair began to make their way back to Windsor Castle from St George’s Chapel.
The Duchess of Cambridge made her way to join Prince William on the walk back whilst speaking to Harry, ensuring the brothers came closer together.
As the pair began to chat, Kate was seen retreating back to join Sophie, the Countess of Wessex and the Lady Louise as William and Harry spoke for the first time face-to-face since the Duke left for the United States in 2020.
Body language expert Judi James, in her review of the funeral, noted Prince William “kept his head down a lot” and then “bolted for the exit” with his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge.
“Then we had this quite amazing scene where… Harry caught up with them and walked quite naturally between them,” said Ms James.
“Kate turned her head and was immensely affectionate and chatty and then after a breath-taking moment suddenly William turned around and (he and Harry) started chatting.
“It was almost like the old days. Kate backed away which she wouldn’t have done if she thought there was going to be any problems.”
Ms James said that the exchange “didn’t have the hallmarks” of a setup and that the brothers looked “reasonably relaxed”.
“As far as I’ve heard there were no ambulances involved when they got around the corner… which I think is remarkable,” she said.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK