Duchess of Cambridge swaps yellow lace dress for stripes as she prepares for boat race
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton made a swift outfit change from the summery yellow lace dress she wore this morning into a more comfortable stripe top and jeans outfit and prepared to take part in a boat race in Germany.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
The Duchess, 35, her husband Prince William, 35, and their children Prince George, 3, and Princess Charlotte, 2, are currently in the German town Heidelberg as part of a two day official visit.
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
As they walked through the streets of the historic town centre besides Baden-Wuerttemberg’s State Premier Winfried Kretschmann and his wife Gerlinde, Heidelberg’s Mayor Eckart Wuerzner and his wife Janine, the Duchess wore a light blue and white striped top, black skinny jeans and a pair of white plimsole trainers.
Not long after their visit to the town centre, the Duchess was pictured getting ready to take part in a boat race on the river.
She tied her freshly chopped locks back into a low ponytail and put on some black square sunglasses to prepare for the event.
The competitive race was between the twinned towns of Cambridge and Heidelberg.
But while the Duchess sat in one boat, encouraging the rowers, Prince William sat in the other.
This morning, Kate stepped out in a yellow lace dress, but she seemed to have taken note from Ivanka Trump, as the American President’s daughter was seen in something very similar recently.
The pretty yellow dress flattered her figure and showed off her tiny waist.
It featured a high neckline and short sleeves and came out in wide pleats before finishing just below her knee.
The Duchess paired the heavy brocade number with a pair of grey suede wedges which have been a staple part of her wardrobe for some time.
Kate’s choice bore a striking similarity to an acid yellow dress worn by Ivanka Trump, 35, two days ago.
Both dresses had a heavy lace design in sunshine yellow, and both fitted the women closely at the waist to make the most of their figures.
Ivanka, however, paired her look with a pair of striking blue courts, while the Duchess played it safe with her neutral wedges.
Both women also wore their hair in similar styles – tousled curls worn loose over the shoulders.
Despite today’s conservative look, the Duchess has been trying out a new style recently.
Last night, she stepped out in a sexy red gown by Alexander McQueen for a Queen’s Garden Party in Berlin.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: kate, Kate Middleton, Catherine Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Royals, kate and william, Kate Middleton and Prince William, Berlin, Germany, yellow lace dress