Donald and Melania Trump on Friday visited Windsor Palace for tea with the Queen, of whom the first lady is a “tremendous fan.”
The afternoon date marked the first meeting between the Trumps and the Royals (save for last fall when Melania and Prince Harry met in Canada during her first solo trip abroad), and is, according to the president, a highlight for Melania. “My wife is a tremendous fan of hers. She has got a great and beautiful grace about her,” POTUS told the U.K. Sun Friday.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) July 13, 2018
The Trumps landed at Windsor by helicopter and were treated to an arrival ceremony with the Queen and the Guard of Honor, with Melania looking regal in a Dior shell-pink skirt suit and her hair styled in an updo. Almost immediately, the president made headlines for not bowing to the Queen, a tradition that even palace officials have determined is “not necessary.”
Of the 92-year-old monarch, Trump also said, “I really look forward to meeting her. I think she represents her country so well. If you think of it, for so many years she has represented her country, she has really never made a mistake. You don’t see, like, anything embarrassing. She is just an incredible woman.”
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
After attending the NATO Summit in Belgium, where Melania wore a navy blue Calvin Klein fit-and-flare dress and white Christian Louboutin heels, the first family arrived in England Thursday, where their itinerary included a state dinner with Prime Minister Theresa May and her husband Philip, a tour of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, and a press conference to discuss foreign policy.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The first couple landed at Stansted Airport in Essex, with Melania disembarking in a $1,365 taupe dress by Roland Mouret (just one day after Meghan Markle wore the brand in Ireland), amid massive protests in London, which included a blimp depicting the president and signs that read “World’s #1 racist” and an “American psycho.”
On Thursday evening, to attend a dinner at Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, the first lady made an impression wearing an off-the-shoulder, yellow J. Mendel gown and silk Manolo Blahnik pumps, drawing comparisons to Belle from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
On Thursday, for a meeting with British Army veterans at Royal Hospital Chelsea in London, England, Melania color-blocked in a blue-tan-and-and orange dress by Victoria Beckham.
Source: YAHOO COM