The intriguing reason why Princess Diana wore two watches
It’s actually pretty sweet
Princess Diana might have been famously averse to fashion before her wedding to Prince Charles, but she was already making a statement, whether she knew it or not.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Case in point, this picture of a young Diana Spencer in July 1981, during her engagement. She was watching Prince Charles play polo at the Guards Polo Club in Windsor, and wore a pretty patterned blouse. So far so normal.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
But the killer detail you may never have noticed, was the fact she wore two watches on her wrist, and the reason behind this is actually really sweet.
One the watches, the thin gold metallic one, was hers, but the larger one with the leather strap was Prince Charles’. She wore it as a tribute to him, and to wish him luck in the match.
You could say this harks back to the middle ages, where a knight would tie a lady’s handkerchief to the back of his helmet as a good luck talisman.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
This wasn’t to be the last time Diana wore an item as a tribute to loved ones, as on her wedding day, she borrowed her sisters’ tiara as a nod to the Spencer family.
We know the marriage sadly didn’t last, but this gesture was proof the future Princess was truly besotted with her fiancé, and that’s rather romantic.
Source: marieclaire co uk
Tags: Princess Diana, Watches, Royals, British News, Royals News, Princess of Wales, Watches