The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child, Kensington Palace has confirmed.
- Sarah Ferguson 'changes her tune' about Meghan Markle leaving royal watchers 'surprised'
- Queen puts on brave face in first public appearance since Harry's 'genetic pain' swipe
- Prince Charles 'wants Harry and Meghan back in Royal Family despite rift' - insider claims
- Kate and William reveal their favourite family activities with George, Charlotte and Louis
An official statement released today said: ‘Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child.
‘The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.
‘As with her previous two pregnancies, The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
‘Her Royal Highness will no longer carry out her planned engagement at the Hornsey Road Children’s Centre in London today.
‘The Duchess is being cared for at Kensington Palace.’
The couple already has two children, Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 2.
The announcement confirms predictions that William and Kate would have a third child.
On a royal tour of Poland in July 2017, The Duchess of Cambridge joked about having a third – after being given a present designed for newborns.
- Prince Harry wants to ‘break the cycle’ of ‘pain and suffering’ of his childhood
- ‘Ridiculous!’ Meghan Markle’s book ‘deeply personal’ - plagiarism claim ‘beyond untrue’
- Prince Harry podcast: What did Harry say about Queen, Prince Charles and Royal Family?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's therapy claims at odds with each other
When she was offered a cuddly toy designed to soothe tiny babies during an event for start-up tech companies in Warsaw she turned to the Duke, and said: ‘We will just have to have more babies.’
- Prince Charles ignored reporter’s question about Harry’s latest comments on parenting
- 'Unpleasant disloyal nonsense!' Harry's own biographer erupts at Duke's Royal Family swipe
- Prince Harry branded 'spoiled brat' as Piers Morgan erupts at Duke for 'trashing' Charles
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'divided' by new revelations – 'Could be driven apart'
The news was announced as the royal couple were preparing to send their eldest child, Prince George, off to school for the first time.
They have chosen a fee-paying independent school in a south London borough for their four-year-old son.
Thomas’s Battersea will welcome the young prince and his parents on Thursday.
On Tuesday, Kate was due to join her husband and Prince Harry to visit the newly-established Royal Foundation Support4Grenfell Community Hub, which provides mental health resources for the children, young people and families affected by the Grenfell fire.
William, who quit his job as a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance in July to become a full-time royal, is also due to attend the National Mental Health and Policing Conference in Oxford on Tuesday.
The couple’s third child will be born fifth in line to the throne, bumping uncle Harry out of the top five and into sixth place.
The Prince of Wales is first in line, followed by William, Prince George and the couple’s daughter Princess Charlotte, who is two.
Source: YAHOO COM
Tags: Prince William, Princess, Prince George, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge