Kate’s push present from Prince William? Duchess sports huge citrine ring at Royal Wedding
The Duchess of Cambridge was spotted sporting a large citrine stone ring, believed to have been given to her by Prince William as a “push present”, following the birth of their third child, Prince Louis last month.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
The new mother wore the citrine stone embellishment on her right hand, which embodies new life, warmth and carries the power of the sun.
Kate recycled her primrose yellow Alexander McQueen dress for Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding but was caught wearing a new eye-catching accessory.
Speculations are mounting over whether the ring was a present from Prince William, as a token of appreciation to his wife following the birth of their second son, Prince Louis, who was born over three weeks ago on April 23.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
Known as a “push present”, it has become much more common for British fathers to present their partners with a gift thanking them for enduring hard labour.
Prince Louis did not make an appearance at the Royal Wedding, being less than a month old, it was believed he was at home and being cared for by a nanny as his family attended the ceremony.
The Duchess of Cambridge matched her Alexander McQueen coat with a Philip Treacy hat, finishing her outfit off with a pair of nude Jimmy Choo heels.
She was seen in the same designer dress for Princess Charlotte’s christening in 2015, Trooping the Colour in 2016 and the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele in 2017.
The mother-of-three was not an official bridesmaid for the ceremony, but instead her daughter, Princess Charlotte, took the title as flower girl while Prince George was the pageboy, helping Meghan lift her trail as she walked down the aisle.
Kate sat beside Prince Charles and Camilla throughout the royal ceremony while her husband, Prince William, was stationed beside his brother, Prince Harry, as his best man.
The 36-year-old was seen singing along to hymns played during the ceremony, prior to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s royal evening reception at Frogmore house yesterday.
The Duchess of Cambridge is still on maternity leave, which started in March before she gave birth to Prince Louis.
Kate is set to appear in some family occasions this summer, but will only commence official duties this autumn as she declared her children will be her “primary focus”.
And Kate was not the only Duchess sporting a new ring.
The new Duchess of Sussex was seen wearing a dazzling aquamarine ring as she made her way to the evening reception on Saturday night.
Meghan and Harry made their way to the event in a silver-blue Jaguar, with the bride dressed in a Stella McCartney designer piece, when the ring was spotted on the Duchess’ right hand.
The ring said to be a gift from Prince Harry and her “something blue”, once belonged to Princess Diana.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK