When the Queen held one of her famous garden parties at Buckingham Palace on 16th May, the event was nothing less than a royal family affair.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
She was joined by various members of her family to help welcome guests to the royal abode, including recently-retired Prince Philip, Princess Beatrice, Princess Anne, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
The 8,000 guests gathered on the lawns of the palace to catch a glimpse of the royals, and even got a chance to have a chat with some of the members of the family at the fun event.
During the day, the Duchess got chatting to Andrew Bates, who worked on the sound for the Queen’s speech for the past 28 years, and his wife Janet, who asked if she was looking forward to sister Pippa’s upcoming wedding, with just a few days to the big event!
While Catherine admitted that she was looking forward to the exciting day, she also revealed that she’s slightly anxious about one aspect of the family event – namely, bringing three-year-old Prince George and two-year-old Princess Charlotte along with her!
The royal children will play a vital role in auntie Pippa’s wedding, taking on the role of pageboy and bridesmaid.
But despite the starring roles, the Duchess, who recycled a blue coat from Christopher Kane, admitted she was also a little nervous… Andrew Bates said, “She said that they were all really looking forward to her sister’s wedding at the weekend but she was a bit worried about how her children might behave.
“She said she was hopeful that they would be good but you never know at that age.”
Andrew also spoke about how the Duchess took a keen interest in his work with the Queen, saying “She was really interested in that, particularly when I explained that I had never been to Buckingham Place outside of work. The Duchess wondered how it felt to be on the other side of the fence,” he said.
The garden party is the first of four the Queen will be hosting this year, with two of the following three taking place at Buckingham Palace, and the fourth at Holyrood in Scotland.
It’s not known if the other members of the royal family will join Her Majesty at the events to come, but given that she’s recently asked everyone to step up their duties in the wake of Philips retirement, it’s seems pretty likely!
Source: womanandhome com
Tags: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, George, Charlotte