The probe into the death of Princess Diana was ‘flawed’ by French police
The Former head of Royal protection at the time of Princess Diana’s death in Paris has attacked French investigators for failing to conclusively identify the driver of a white Fiat Uno involved in the crash.
- Kate and William make 'deliberate move' to turn spotlight on George, Charlotte & Louis
- Prince George 'to make a very good king' thanks to Prince William and Kate training
- Kate 'pillar of strength' for William as he faced 'a really hard time with his brother'
- Kate Middleton shows off new £9,000 diamond necklace in anniversary portrait with William
- Kate Middleton gives 'hidden nod' to Princess Diana with 'timeless' fashion choices
- Kate and Prince William ignore Royal Family tradition to be closer to their children
Welshman Dai Davies has spent years combing through evidence related to the crash in the Pont de l’Alma tunnel 20 years ago and gives talks on the subject aboard cruise ships.
He said: “Before entering the tunnel the Mercedes Diana was in was involved in a collision with a white Fiat Uno, but the vital forensic and police work was not done to correctly identify the vehicle and driver.
- Royal officials 'who sneered about Kate' will now be the ones 'bowing lowest to her'
- William promised to be silent while Harry boosted global fame through Vax Live appearance
- 'I gasped!' Kate Middleton's 'hand was shaking' as she revealed Princess Diana's ring
- Kate voiced concern after Prince Harry bypassed tradition with Meghan Markle proposal
- Mike Tindall played pivotal role in helping Zara recover from huge 'disappointment'
- Kate Middleton 'perfectly at home in Balmoral' before Meghan snubbed visit
“That is the big glaring failure in the whole investigation. I think the collision at the entrance to the tunnel was a total accident but I do think that key car should have been identified.”
- ‘Cut-rate Ed Sheeran!’ Prince Harry’s ‘evangelical’ concert speech ridiculed by radio host
- Meghan Markle’s standing ovation claim debunked by video before Harry’s Vax Live event
- Meghan Markle 'spent awful lot of time' with 'big binder of notes' on Royal Family life
- ‘Staggering hypocrisy!’ Piers Morgan fumes at Meghan Markle for book about father-son bond
- Meghan Markle ‘didn’t anticipate’ difficulties of royal life – ‘Couldn’t hack it’
- Queen Kate Middleton: New poll shows more than 75 percent of UK backs Duchess as Queen
French-Vietnamese bodybuilder Le Van Thanh owned a white Uno at the time of the crash and had the vehicle re-sprayed red soon after the crash.
He has consistently denied any involvement.
The inability of French police to identify the car and its owner has allowed conspiracy theories to flourish, said Mr Davies.
Before entering the tunnel the Mercedes Diana was in was involved in a collision with a white Fiat Uno, but the vital forensic and police work was not done to correctly identify the vehicle and driver
He is convinced that the Mercedes’ driver, Henri Paul, bears responsibility for the crash because he had been drinking and was speeding.
Tonight Channel 4 will air a controversial programme about Diana and show excerpts from video taped interviews she gave to her voice coach Peter Settelen.
Even now, 20 years after her death, Princess Diana’s legacy remains undiminished.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Prince William, Prince Harry, William and Harry, Mercedes Diana, Collision, Fiat Uno, Viral Forensic, Police WOrk, Correctly, Vehicle Driver, Dai Davies, Welshman Dai Davies, coach Peter Settelen, French investigators