Royal journalist Omid Scobie had earlier claimed in the documentary that members of Royal households had briefed against Meghan and Harry while they were living in the UK.
Ms Levin told MailOnline: “The ending of the documentary is always what stays with you and they chose to use Meghan’s lawyer to say that she wasn’t a bully and she was wonderful to work with. It’s there you get the gist of what it was all about in my view. It’s very biased. Anti-William, anti-Charles and pro-Meghan and Harry.
“If you allow a lawyer from one side to have their say then they must let the other side have their say. They haven’t done that and that’s in the BBC guidelines.”
The BBC approached Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace for comment.
They provided the following joint statement: “A free, responsible and open press is of vital importance to a healthy democracy.
“However, too often overblown and unfounded claims from unnamed sources are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility.”
Advisers to the Royal Family believe the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William have not been offered a proper right of reply, according to MailOnline.
It is understood all three are considering a collective complaint to regulator Ofcom about the two-part programme presented by republican Amol Rajan.
It is also understood the BBC provided a written memo outlining relevant allegations but refused requests to provide an advance copy of the two hour-long episodes.
On the documentary’s timing, with the Queen recently losing her husband and having been unwell herself, Ms Levin said: “It’s absolutely shocking and very, very wrong to have done it.
“It’s taken almost two years to produce and it is quite out of date. They are currently re-editing the second part ahead of its broadcast next Monday.”
He said: “The second part will undoubtedly deal with the rift between the previously inseparable princes and how the press covered it. This is a tragedy and has played out worldwide without, so far, any signs of being healed.
“The departure of the Sussexes from the ranks of senior working royals, after so short a period, was disastrous for the institution. It was also significant that Meghan was represented in the programme by her lawyer who denied she had been ‘difficult or demanding’ to work for. Some recollections, of course, may vary.”
The first episode on Monday night came just months after Prince William launched an attack on the BBC over its failings in a Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1995.
He said in May that the BBC’s failures contributed to the “fear, paranoia and isolation” suffered by his mother in the last years of her life.
The second instalment is at 9pm next Monday.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK