Auntie Kate and a cousin for Charlotte and George! Cambridges ‘thrilled’ as Pippa has baby
Kate and Prince William are “thrilled” for the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister Pippa Middleton who has given birth to a baby boy – the royal couple’s first nephew.
- Lilibet Diana: Royals told to brace for ‘big uptick’ in Americans using Queen’s nickname
- Zara Tindall and Mike's 5 best Royal Ascot pictures at 1st official outing since son born
- Prince Harry and Prince William ‘regret’ royal rift but damage is ‘irreparable’
- Kate working 'behind-the-scenes' to broker peace between William and 'beloved' Harry
- Queen earned ‘more than £7million’ from horse-racing before Royal Ascot dilemma
- 'Arrogant' Prince Harry savaged after claim Duke 'wants to attend' Queen’s Jubilee party
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are now a very proud auntie and uncle after Pippa, 35, gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday.
Kensington Palace said in a short statement: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are thrilled for Pippa and James.”
Pippa, 35, delivered her firstborn at the Lindo Wing, the same maternity unit where the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her three children.
The baby boy was born on Monday at 1.58pm, weighing 8lb and 9oz, and will be the first cousin of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
- Prince Harry's 'enormous slap in face' before Queen tribute in baby name
- Queen 'not as excited' by Prince Philip's sweet gesture to Lady Louise, says Sophie Wessex
- Meghan and Harry shot themselves in foot with ‘vacuum’ over Lilibet’s birth
- Meghan and Harry opted against calling daughter Gary in decision to honour Queen
- Royal history made: Heir to the throne REFUSES 'uncomfortable' allowance
- Prince William forced to obey 'seriously annoying' royal tradition when he becomes king
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are thrilled for Pippa and James
It hasn’t been confirmed whether the Cambridge’s will visit Pippa and the baby boy at the Lindo Wing or if we will wait to see the beaming mother and the beautiful newborn once they return to their £17million Chelsea house.
So far, only Pippa’s husband, James Matthews, has been seen rushing inside the Lindo Wing carrying a bag.
Pippa and her husband were spotted entering the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hospital yesterday, which fuelled speculations their baby was due imminently.
Pippa and James’s firstborn was also happily welcomed by the Matthews family, who said in a statement: “James and Pippa have had a baby boy.
“He was born Monday 15th October at 1.58pm, weighing 8lb and 9oz.
“Everyone is delighted and mother and baby are doing well.”
Pippa had her first baby boy just six months after her sister delivered Prince Louis.
However, their pregnancies were very different, with Kate suffering from severe morning sickness during the first months of her pregnancy while Pippa admitted she enjoyed nine months relatively stress-free.
Pippa turned to meditation in the run-up to the end of the pregnancy when, she admitted, “reality started to kick in” and worries and physical discomforts became more and more noticeable.
Writing in her Waitrose Weekend column, Pippa said: “As the final month nears and the bump grows prouder each day, movement is certainly getting more awkward.
As a result, one of the biggest changes is that my lower body has tightened up.
“The knock-on effect is making my back and sacrum both uncomfortable and achy.
“The transformations to my body that are taking place as it prepares for childbirth have meant that the sound sleeps and the baby bubble effect have gone.
“Reality is finally kicking in.
“Perhaps this is the body’s way of making sure that you get in tune with what lies ahead.”
Pippa and Kate attended together the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank on Friday.
Heavily pregnant, Pippa wore a green Emilia Wickstead dress, matching hat, and black stiletto heels, while Kate wowed in a pink Alexander McQueen dress and a Philip Treacy hat.
This happy news arrives after Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced they are expecting their firstborn.
Kate and William will become aunt and uncle again in the spring, according to a statement released on Monday by Kensington Palace.
It read: “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK