Royal House of Windsor: Moment Queen made Diana CRY over HIV charity revealed
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
THE ROYAL HOUSE OF WINDSOR explored the moment the Queen reportedly made Princess Diana cry during tonight’s episode.
The Channel 4 show dug up the past to examine the huge challenge that Diana’s popularity and tragic death posed to the royal family.
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
However, there was one striking moment where the Queen seemingly berated the late princess over her charitable choices, which has been broadcast for the first time.
One close aide to Diana revealed: “I just happened to be there when Diana came out from a meeting with the Queen and Diana was crying. I said, ‘What’s up with you?’ She said, ‘You just won’t believe what happened’. She said the Queen has said, ‘Why don’t you get involved in something nicer, something pleasant?”
Looking back over the archives, former private secretary to the Princess of Wales, Patrick Jephson, said: “It’s quite a sentimental thing. I’m surprised how many emotions they stir up,” before revealing that Diana had later told him: “We’ll do animal charities when we run out of people charities.”
In a strange coincidence with the episode, Prince Harry followed in his mother’s footsteps on the day the programme aired by visiting an HIV charity in Leicester that she had visited in 1991.
I just happened to be there when Diana came out from a meeting with the Queen and Diana was crying
Royal House of Windsor
The episode also revealed how Prince Philip was seemingly the most supportive towards Diana in a series of letters sent to her during her marital drama.
Royal historians explained that Royal protocol is to, “Never complain, never explain,” something which Diana did the opposite of once separated from her husband, with another revealing: “She scaled down her charities to the most headline-grabbing.”
Viewers rushed to comment on social media, with one tweeting: “Princess Diana was the voice and truth behind the royals and no one in royalty will ever be what princess Diana was and thats a queen.”
“The Royal House of Windsor – a proper juicy documentary on the Royal Family,” posted another.
A third wrote: “Watched a documentary about princess Diana. Made me cry all these years after. A tragedy. She will always be the people’s princess. #princess.”
Speaking about the BBC Panorama interview Diana gave after splitting from Prince Charles, another viewer said: “As 20th anniversary of #PrincessDiana death approaches, this is one of best #journalism scoops ever – and bless her, she was proven right.”
Next week’s episode will look to the future by exploring how Prince Charles, the “most outspoken heir to the throne” in the Windsors’ history, has promised a radically different vision for the monarchy. Will his reign make or break the Windsor dynasty?
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Queen, Cry, Cried, Princess Diana, Tears, Sad, Upset, Queen Made, Princess Diana Cried, Sad Moments, Upset Moments