So Sweet & Heart Touching Moment: Queen Elizabeth sends SA man 100th birthday wishes
When a courier arrived with a parcel at Denzil Levy’s flat recently he was pleasantly surprised to find it contained a greeting card from Queen Elizabeth II, congratulating him on his 100th birthday.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
“I was delighted as I thought I would just get a telegram, but when I got this photograph with the message from the queen, it was quite exhilarating,” he said.
He confessed he was not all that nonplussed as he had been expecting the letter.
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
“I wrote to Her Majesty and sent her a photograph of my late father entertaining King George VI and his wife and the present queen and Princess Margaret, and to say I was turning 100,” he said.
Levy’s father was the chairman of the board of trustees of the Port Elizabeth Museum and Snake Park, now Bayworld, and the photograph was taken in the park in 1947.
He told the queen he was once president of the board of trustees of the King George VI Art Gallery, which is now the Nelson Mandela Art Gallery.
Levy, a well-known personality in Port Elizabeth, said he was feeling fine and thought he was doing well considering his century.
“I really can’t complain. I’m in very good health,” he said.
“I’ve still got all my faculties, which is very important. I’m a little bit hard of hearing, but I’ve got hearing aids and that helps me.”
Up until four years ago Levy used to walk Park Drive every day. The distance is 2.2km and he completed it in 19 minutes.
This afternoon he will be the guest of honour at a special high tea sponsored by the Port Elizabeth Hebrew Congregation at which over 200 people are expected.
Apart from his two daughters, Marilyn and Fanelle, who have flown out from London, 18 other family members will be there.
Source: timeslive co za
Tags: Prince William, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen, Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela Art Gallery, Birthday Card, Birthday Wish, Birthday