MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry have rejected an invitation from the Queen to visit her in Balmoral.
The Queen invites royals to join her for a short spell during her two-month stay in Scotland. Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, last month visited with their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex apparently did not want to make the trip to Scotland because they felt their newborn son Archie was too young.
A royal source said: “Harry and Meghan had no plans to go to Balmoral this summer as they felt Archie was too young.
“It’s a bit odd, as his age didn’t stop them taking him to Ibiza for a week and then to see Elton John in France.”
Meghan’s pregnancy meant the couple did not visit last year.
The source told The Sun that the couple would be under heavy protection and not feel their privacy was in danger.
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex will not be visiting Balmoral (Image: GETTY)
They claim Archie’s young age prevent them from going according to insiders (Image: GETTY)
The couple had been secretive over son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor’s christening amid privacy concerns.
The source said: “If they want privacy or protection — which was Harry’s excuse for taking private jets — there is no more protected or private holiday destination than the Queen’s Scottish home.
“It’s all very hunting, shooting, fishing up at Balmoral, so maybe that put Meghan off.
“She has never been to Balmoral and the Queen was disappointed they’re not going.”
The couple were criticised after it transpired they took four private flights in eleven days.
his included a flight to a conference in which Harry gave a speech about climate change.
Harry claimed later most of his flights are commercials but he sometimes flies private for security reasons.
Kate and William travelled to Balmoral and returned on a commercial flight.
Whilst the Cambridge couple were initially raised for their move and the impact it might have on the environment, insiders suggested Flybe had flown an empty plane over 100 miles to ensure their brand was visible on the royal flight, instead of Lognair who usually run the route on their behalf.
Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge bought their children to Balmoral earlier (Image: GETTY)
The Queen is said to be ‘disappointed’ at the the snub (Image: GETTY)
This is believed to have resulted in an extra 4.5 tons of carbon emissions, but the couple were unaware of the change in plans.
One source said: “It’s utterly extraordinary and makes a mockery of their family’s very laudable attempts to travel more economically and in a more environmentally friendly manner.”
A Flybe spokesman said: “Flybe denies any involvement in the decision over which aircraft to fly on this route, which is fully operated by Eastern Airways (Flybe’s franchise partner).”
A map of royal residencies (Image: EXPRESS)
Loganair added: “We operate services on the Norwich-Aberdeen route on behalf of Eastern Airways for Flybe – that is with Loganair aircraft and crew – but deployment of aircraft can and does change to meet airline operational requirements.”
Experts have theorised it will take 1,400 tress a decade to offset the damage caused by Harry and Meghan’s private flights in the last two years.
Archie was born on May 6 at London’s Portmore Hospital.
The Queen with Harry and William at Trooping the Colour in 1988 (Image: GETTY)
Source: EXPRESS CO UK