KATE’s husband Prince William posted a devastating update as he reflects on the “sad” news of an Omani royal.
The Duke of Cambridge paid his respects to the people of Oman and condolences to the family of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said. The royal died on January 10, aged 79 years old. His death sparked three days of national mourning, with the country left devastated by their loss, and his funeral was attended by a host of influential world leaders including the UK’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Prince Charles and France President Emmanuel Macron.
Posting his update on Instagram, the Duke said: “I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said.
“I was truly honoured to spend time with His Majesty during my visit to Oman last month. It was clear from all those I met that he will be remembered with great affection.
“His Majesty was unwavering in his commitment to improve the lives of his people, and in his resolve to work towards regional stability. I am thankful for His Majesty’s many years of friendship with my family and the UK.
“I offer my heartfelt condolences to the Omani people, and wish to send a personal message of friendship as Oman mourns the death of His Majesty.“
Kate Middleton news: Prince William posts devastating update on Instagram – updates (Image: GETTY)
The Duke of Cambridge paid his respects to the people of Oman (Image: GETTY)
The Omani royal had reigned for nearly 50 years, taking the throne initially in 1970.
Following a period of poor health and his eventual death, Haitham bin Tariq Al Said was named his heir.
Prince William’s post was liked more than 200,000 times.
Those on the social media platform were quick to praise the future King.
The Instagram post (Image: Instagram/@RoyalKensington)
One wrote: “Very thoughtful of the Duke of Cambridge.”
Another said: “A thoughtful gesture.”
And a third responded: “Prince William is upstanding and a great person.”
The post came days before Prince William met with his father, grandmother and brother Prince Harry to discuss the ongoing crisis engulfing the Royal Family.
Prince William with Kate (Image: GETTY)
Last week, Harry and his wife Meghan Markle announced they would be withdrawing from senior Royal Family life.
But following the crisis meeting, a compromise had appeared to be reached.
In a statement, the Queen said: “My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.
“Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK