Meghan and Harry officially cut ties with the Firm last month as their royal titles and patronages were stripped from them. They announced they wanted to step down as senior members of the Royal Family last year in order to pursue financial independence. They quickly succeeded within months as they signed deals with Spotify and Netflix that are reported to be worth more than £100million.
But commentator Darren Grimes criticised the couple for still using their titles.
He wrote on Twitter: “Harry and Meghan dislike ‘the Firm’ (Royal Family) so much that they’re still dining out on being the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”
His comments came after Meghan claimed she cannot be expected to be kept quiet over her experiences with the Firm.
In a clip from the upcoming interview with Oprah, Meghan said: “I don’t know how they could expect that, after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.”
Meghan and Harry have been warned over using their titles
It comes after Buckingham Palace launched an investigation this week into claims the Duchess bullied staff.
However, she has previously denied all allegations over her treatment of staff.
In other dramatic clips ahead of the CBS broadcast, Oprah was seen asking Meghan if she was “silent or silenced”, with the Duchess’s answer not revealed.
In response to a comment by the Duchess, Oprah then asked: “Almost unsurvivable.
Meghan and Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah will air on Sunday in the US
“Sounds like there was a breaking point?”
Harry also spoke about his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, while holding Meghan’s hand.
He said in a clip: “I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you, with my wife by my side, because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like for her (Diana), going through this process by herself, all those years ago.”
At one point in the trailer, Oprah then told viewers: “Just to make it clear to everybody, there is no subject that is off-limits.”
Meghan said she cannot be expected to be kept quiet over her experiences
Harry also spoke about his mother, Diana, while holding Meghan’s hand.
Meghan then nodded in agreement.
The couple have faced calls to postpone the interview while Prince Philip is in hospital.
Buckingham Palace announced the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh had undergone successful heart surgery yesterday.
The palace expressed “sadness” over the decision to part ways with the couple last month.
Meghan and Harry are expecting their second child together
It said in a statement: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.
“Following conversations with the Duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.
“The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by the Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.
“While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.”
The Queen stripped Meghan and Harry of their titles last month
The couple said they were still “committed to their duty” to serve the UK and other Commonwealth nations.
A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan said: “As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.
“We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK