Royal feud: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry snatch two aides from Kate and William’s team

1045
followusoninstagram

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have poached more than one member of Prince William and Kate’s staff within the past year.

Meghan and Prince Harry’s growing team within their household and newly-created Sussex Royal Foundation can count on two people who had previously worked for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Natalie Campbell, who almost two months ago was appointed director at the Sussexes’ new primary philanthropic and charitable vehicle, has worked for months at the Royal Foundation created in 2009 by Prince Harry and Prince William.

According to her LinkedIn profile, the social entrepreneur started working with the royals in February last year as director of insight and innovation.

Ms Campbell’s departure from the Cambridge Household was believed to have an impact on Kate and William.

Meghan Markle Duchess of Sussex told to be ‘positive’ so ‘love dream comes true’ Image GETTY
Meghan Markle Duchess of Sussex told to be ‘positive’ so ‘love dream comes true’ Image GETTY

Sources told the MailOnline at the time: “Her loss will be keenly felt by the Cambridges.”

Ms Campbell, who on her Twitter biography says she is doing “my bit to make at least one life better and having fun along the way”, had already worked with Meghan before becoming director at the Sussex Royal Foundation.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tuck into £ Sunday roast with baby Archie at local pub Photo C GETTY IMAGES
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tuck into £ Sunday roast with baby Archie at local pub Photo C GETTY IMAGES

The social entrepreneur had collaborated with the Duchess of Sussex on her cookbook, Together, a project shining a light on the charitable endeavour of the Hubb Kitchen, a group of people who came together to prepare fresh meals after the Grenfell Tower tragedy.

However, Ms Campbell’s time as director at the Sussex Royal Foundation seems to have been short-lived.

According to Companies House documents, the social entrepreneur left her post on August 22.

However, the removal of their names from official documents doesn’t imply they have been fired from the Sussex Household, according to a royal source.

Prince Harry reveals he is excited for Archies next trip – details Photo C GETTY IMAGES
Prince Harry reveals he is excited for Archies next trip – details Photo C GETTY IMAGES

Speaking to the MailOnline, the insider said Ms Campbell had been given the status of director only temporarily for legal reasons, which may mean she will take on a new role within the household.

American-born Sara Latham, who was hired in March as head of communications of the Sussexes, was also appointed director of the new foundation for less than two months.

Another member of Meghan and Harry’s staff who had previously worked with Kate and William is Clara Madden.

The New Zealand-born aide hit the front page on May 19 last year, when she became known as the mystery woman who handed Meghan her bouquet before the Duchess of Sussex walked down the aisle on her wedding day.

During the past year, Ms Madden helped the couple with their wedding plans and public announcement and accompanied the royals on their tour Down Under to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga. 

meghan markle prince harry royal news sussex royal foundation team resignation

The Royal Family’s family tree (Image: EXPRESS)

Similarly to Ms Cambpell, Ms Madden is said to have made an impression on William and Kate while working for them.

After the royals met Ms Campbell’s parents during their tour Down Under in 2014, the aide’s mother said: “William said to me that Clara is the star of the office.”

Meghan and Harry have reshaped their team of aides in the past months, after suffering a string of resignations since their wedding day.

In the past 13 months, the couple faced the resignations of a bodyguard, personal assistants and two nannies. 

Source: EXPRESS CO UK