PRINCE WILLIAM will reportedly step up his charity work with the emergency services amid claims Prince Andrew is unlikely to return to public life.
The Duke of Cambridge, who worked as a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, plans to help emergency services charities through his and Kate’s Royal Foundation. A source told the Daily Mail: “William worries greatly about the care given to our lifesavers, and believes the support given to people working in the NHS and other emergency services needs to be looked at closely.
“He wants this to be at the centre of the work his foundation gets involved in.”
It comes as the Duke of York has withdrawn from public duties over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Andrew took part in a disastrous interview with BBC Newsnight in a bid to explain his friendship with the paedophile and defend himself against allegations by Virginia Giuffre that she was forced to have sex with him when she was 17 years old.
But the television appearance was branded a “car crash” and the royal faced a backlash for failing to show remorse for his friendship with Epstein or empathy for the alleged victims.
Prince William will reportedly step up his charity work with the emergency services (Image: GETTY)
Andrew is set to face further scrutiny on Monday with a BBC Panorama programme, titled The Prince And The Epstein Scandal, due to air.
A source told the Mirror: “There is a sense of trepidation in the palace about what Virginia Roberts might say and any potential involvement of the FBI.
“Prince Andrew has been given the worst-case scenario for him and his involvement with the family – that he may never be able to return to the front line of duty.
The Duke of Cambridge worked as a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (Image: GETTY)
“The Duke of York suggested he will take a back step from public life for the foreseeable future but the reality is he has been told it could be for a very, very long time, potentially for ever.”
Ms Giuffre, previously known as Virginia Roberts, says in the teaser: “It was a really scary time in my life.
“He knows what happened, I know what happened and there’s only one of us telling the truth.”
It comes as the Duke of York has withdrawn from public duties over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal (Image GETTY)
Epstein killed himself in August in a New York prison while he was being held on sex trafficking charges (Image GETTY)
The hour-long episode will be screened on BBC1 on Monday evening.
Ms Giuffre has claimed in court papers in Florida that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was aged 17, below the state’s age of consent.
Her allegations, which Andrew denies, were struck from US civil court records in 2015 after a judge said they were “immaterial and impertinent”.
Buckingham Palace has branded the allegations “false and without any foundation”, stating: “Any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors” by the duke was “categorically untrue”.
Ms Giuffre has criticised the Metropolitan Police for failing to investigate her allegations.
The Met said it stands by its decision not to investigate her claims, and added that officers had spoken to other law enforcement agencies but have “not received a formal request asking for assistance”.
It said it reviewed its previous decision that it was “not the appropriate authority to conduct inquiries in these circumstances” following Epstein’s death, and that its position remained unchanged.
Epstein killed himself in August in a New York prison while he was being held on sex trafficking charges.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK