PRINCE Harry and Prince William and Prince Charles were due to attend their annual Boxing Day shoot today, despite Meghan’s upset with the controversial sport.
Harry and William have been taking part in the Royal Family’s Boxing Day shoot on the Queen’s Sandringham Estate most Boxing Days for more than 20 years. But recent reports claim animal activist and new wife Meghan told Harry not to participate in the bloodsport and said she was upset by the idea of killing “defenceless animals”. However, a royal insider revealed Harry would still participate in the annual hunt. The source told the Daily Mail Online: “It’s completely untrue that Her Royal Highness has banned the Duke from shooting.”
A royal friend told the newspaper: “Like Harry, Meghan is very keen to promote wildlife charities and animal conservation.
“However, Harry believes shooting is a sustainable field sport and she won’t stop him.”
Meghan, 37, refuses to wear fur and follows a mainly vegan diet.
The Duchess’ intervention has sparked a speculated feud with William, who believes Meghan is pulling Harry away from the Royal Family, according to a source.
A royal insider previously told the Sunday Mirror: “In his mind, William sees this as another concerning example of his younger brother being pulled away from his family by his new wife.
“Harry’s always loved hunting and it has provided them with a great chance to bond as brothers.
“But now it looks like Harry’s shooting days are over. It’s the latest point of contention between the Princes after a testing time in their relationship.”
Prince Harry did not attend the 2017 Boxing Day shoot for unknown reasons.
It was said that Harry refused to take part in the shoot in order not to upset Meghan.
An unnamed friend of Harry’s said in 2017: “If Meghan’s not comfortable with him doing the shoot, he wouldn’t want to upset her.”
The prince took part in his first pheasant shooting when he was 12, and is said to be a skilled marker.