Prince Charles set to take more royal DUTIES from Queen Elizabeth II
THE QUEEN is set to step down from more royal duties for Charles this year, in another sign the Prince of Wales is ready to take over from her majesty for good.
Charles made history when he performed the laying of a wreath at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday, a task that has always been performed by her majesty.
And the Prince of Wales will perform more of the Queen’s duties next year, as he steps back from some of his charity work.
It has been revealed that Charles attended 546 engagements last year, more than any other royal family member.
The news will fuel speculation that Charles is making the first steps to becoming King.
At 91 years-old, it is believed the Queen is looking to perform less royal duties in the coming year.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the Prince of Wales Foundations handed less than half of the grants to good causes than last year.
“The approach of the Prince’s 70th birthday provided a sensible opportunity to review his charities ”
This is due to the Prince taking on an increasing workload to support his mum.
A Clarence House spokesman told the Daily Telegraph that the decision had been made to benefit the charities.
He said: “The approach of the Prince’s 70th birthday provided a sensible opportunity to review his charities to ensure that they continue to deliver the maximum benefit for those people they were set up to help.
“The review was also designed to ensure the Prince’s involvement was at the right level and had the right focus.
“This will ensure that the charities become sustainable with less necessity for the engagement of HRH on a day-to-day basis, and will contribute in building a lasting legacy of his philanthropic work.”
Charles is next expected to represent the Queen at the Commonwealth Games in Australia in April.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK
Tags: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Harry and Meghan