Meghan Markle’s claim she was unprotected RUBBISHED by senior royals as ‘ridiculous’

2824

MEGHAN MARKLE’s claim she felt “unprotected by the institution” has been fiercely denied by senior royal sources as “fiction”.

Royal sources lashed out at the new claims made by the legal team of Meghan in documents filed on June 30 as part of her court case against the Mail on Sunday. These legal documents, filed following a request of the defendant in the court case, made the astonishing claim Meghan was not allowed to defend herself while at the same time she was not protected from reports published in the press. 

Sources branded these allegations “ridiculous” and “galling”.

One told The Sunday Times: “It’s a ridiculous claim.

“It’s so bloody disappointing.

“The institution was doing everything in its power to support her. 

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle’s legal team’s claims have been denied by senior royal sources (Image: GETTY)

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their intention to step back as working royals in January (Image: GETTY)

“Everyone was trying to help her.”

Another source told the Sunday paper: “It’s fiction and galling.”

And a third said: “It’s completely inaccurate and total rubbish”. 

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle is suing the Mail on Sunday (Image: GETTY)

“Everyone was trying to help her.”

Another source told the Sunday paper: “It’s fiction and galling.”

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle said in legal documents she was unprotected by the institution (Image: GETTY)

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are now living in LA (Image: GETTY)

This insider went on saying aides “rebutted every unfounded story they possibly could within reason” and “stretched their relationship with the media to breaking point”.

Meghan’s legal team claimed she felt unprotected after the Mail on Sunday asked to explain why she was “vulnerable” at the time it decided to print her private letter to her estranged father, Thomas Markle Snr.

The legal documents read: “The Claimant had become the subject of a large number of false and damaging articles by the UK tabloid media, specifically by the Defendant, which caused tremendous emotional distress and damage to her mental health. 

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped down as senior royals on March 31 (Image: EXPRESS)

“As her friends had never seen her in this state before, they were rightly concerned for her welfare, specifically as she was pregnant, unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself.”

While it was first believed this statement was a swipe at members of the Royal Family, a source told The Times earlier this week Meghan was unhappy with her former communication team.

Meghan and Prince Harry were represented by the same PR team at Kensington Palace as Kate and Prince William between May 2018 and the spring of 2019, when the Queen allowed the Sussexes to create their own household and base a new communication team at Buckingham Palace. 

meghan markle news court case duchess of sussex unprotected royal news

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are working behind the scenes on their new organisation (Image: GETTY)

The Times’ source claimed Meghan was unhappy with the royal ‘never complain, never explain’ approach and would have preferred to see her PR team answer to press enquiries, in particular, on two stories.

The documents submitted by the Duchess of Sussex’s legal team also touched upon the cost of her Royal Wedding with Prince Harry and how British tourism is believed to have benefitted from it and mentioned Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and Prince Michael of Kent as examples of royals who have been working their whole lives.

As revealed by Prince Harry in a blistering letter published on a website in October last year, Meghan sued the Mail on Sunday, published by Associated Newspapers, for misuse of private information, copyright infringement and breach of the Data Protection Act.

The newspaper denies the claims.    

Source: EXPRESS CO UK