MEGHAN Markle is set to visit the US and Canada next year with Prince Harry and their new baby for a royal overseas tour, it has been claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex will travel to her home country and Canada – where she was based to film Suits – in autumn 2019, according to royal sources. Meghan and Harry reportedly had to reschedule the overseas tour – which was planned to take place early next year – due to the Duchess’s pregnancy.
But royal insiders told Vanity Fair that the visit will now go ahead after Meghan’s maternity leave, with Harry’s wife thought to be taking less than six months off.
The tour – which is said to be in the early stages of planning – is expected to be busy.
Meghan and Harry delighted royal well-wishers by completing several engagements a day during their Commonwealth trip earlier this year.
However, if the royal visit to America goes ahead, California-born Meghan is likely to take some time off to see her mother Doria Ragland who lives in LA.
And the 37-year-old may see her former colleagues if she stops in Toronto, where she was based to film US legal drama Suits.
Meghan could even arrange a meeting with her estranged father – who lives in Mexico – following his explosive interview on Monday where he claimed his daughter has “shunned” him.
Speaking from San Diego on Good Morning Britain, Mr Markle made a public appeal to his daughter to get in touch and finally put the family drama behind them.
The 74-year-old said: “I’m hopeful that soon something will be resolved and we’ll be talking. This can’t continue forever.
“People are saying I should be quiet about this and not speak, if I don’t speak, they will speak to me. That hasn’t happened. I don’t plan to be silent for the rest of my life.
“I love my daughter very much and she has to know that. I would really appreciate if she would just call me, reach out to me somehow, send me a text, just say you’re there and you’re hearing me.”
Mr Markle said he has not spoken to Meghan since the royal wedding in May, which he was unable to attend due to health reasons.
It also emerged days before that the retired lighting director had staged paparazzi pictures in a bid to improve his public image.
Meghan’s father described how he had been “ghosted” by his daughter.
Mr Markle said: “I’ve only done five interviews, and out of those interviews hundreds of other people come and they get a story and they give a story and they say I’ve said these things.
“I haven’t said so many things, but they’re believing it, and apparently that’s why I’m being shunned or ghosted.
“I’ve been quiet for six months and no-one’s returned anything back to me. No-one’s said a word to me. I’m confused by it.”
And Mr Markle revealed his hope that Meghan’s new baby could encourage her to reach out to him.
He said: “I think she’ll make a great mum and maybe things will soften a little bit and we’ll connect again.
“There has to be a place for me. I’m her father and I will be the grandfather to the children, so all I can say is that I’m here, she knows it.”
Express.co.uk has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.