Meghan Markle latest: What Meghan and Harry really thought of Prince Andrew interview

1403
followusoninstagram

PRINCE ANDREW has stepped back from public life following his heavily criticised interview on BBC Newsnight. So what did Meghan Markle think of the Duke of York’s comments?

On Saturday, November 16, the Duke of York broke his silence on his friendship with convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein. The interview was watched by millions, and has been described by some as a “car-crash”.

The Queen is said to have given her approval for the interview to take place.

However, the Queen reportedly had a change of heart after the interview aired.

The Queen is thought to have summoned Prince Andrew to Buckingham Palace to ask him to step back from his royal duties.

A source told The Telegraph: “The Duke was summoned from his home Royal Lodge Windsor to see the Queen personally at Buckingham Palace.

Prince Andrew and Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle latest What Meghan and Harry really thought of Prince Andrew interview Image GETTY

Meghan Markle latest What Meghan and Harry really thought of Prince Andrew interview (Image GETTY)

Prince Andrew
Meghan Markle latest: Prince Andrew is the Queen’s second son (Image: GETTY)

Meghan Markle latest: Prince Andrew is the Queen’s second son (Image: GETTY)

“Effectively he was told to bow out gracefully.

“They agreed he could release a statement saying it was his decision but it was the Queen who told him to do it.”

Prince Charles, the heir-apparent, was reportedly involved in talks about Andrew’s future role within the monarchy.

A source told the Daily Mail: “When the Queen and the Prince of Wales stand firm together they are a pretty formidable combination in terms of getting things done.”

Prince Andrew
Meghan Markle latest Prince Andrew appeared on BBC Newsnight earlier this month (Image GETTY)

Meghan Markle latest Prince Andrew appeared on BBC Newsnight earlier this month (Image GETTY)

Since the interview, a number of charities have dropped the Duke of York as a patron.

The Queen has also cancelled the Duke’s planned 60th birthday party.

So how did other members of the Royal Family feel about the Duke of York’s comments?

Publicly, the Royal Family have remained very quiet on the issue of Prince Andrew’s Newsnight interview.

According to reports, Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex was “troubled” by the comments made by the Duke of York.

A source close to Meghan told the Daily Telegraph: “The interview left everyone watching it wanting to curl under a table.

“It just got worse and worse and worse.”

The Duchess of Sussex has campaigned tirelessly for women’s rights, both before and after becoming a member of the Royal Family.

Queen and Prince Charles
Meghan Markle latest The Queen and Prince Charles reportedly made the decision for Andrew to step back Image GETTY

Meghan Markle latest The Queen and Prince Charles reportedly made the decision for Andrew to step back (Image GETTY)

The Duke of York has vehemently denied ever having sex with Virginia Roberts.

Prince Andrew has been criticised for not showing enough sympathy for the victims of Mr Epstein during his interview on Newsnight.

In a statement released by the Duke of York in the aftermath, he said: “I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein.

“His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathise with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure.

“I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives.

“Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”

Source: EXPRESS CO UK