THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have taken a page out of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s book according to a royal commentator.
- Kate Middleton’s standing ovation at BBC event before Prince Harry’s Vax Live reception
- ‘I’m not coming out!’ Queen ‘locked herself’ in cabin after furious Philip began 'ranting'
- Kate 2.0! 'New era' begins for Duchess as expert says she's 'coming into her own'
- Queen makes announcement to the nation - royal tradition shattered
During the Royally Obsessed podcast Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed Kate and Prince William’s COVID relief fund. Ms Fioritio stated the fact the Cambridge’s tagged the 10 charities on social media is a similar approach to the one the Duke and Duchess of Sussex use.
Ms Fiorito said: “Prince William and Kate’s COVID relief fund, last week Kate and William announced that the royal foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will donate £1.8 million to 10 leading charities at the front of mental health and frontline support during COVID.
“They also tagged the 10 charities that would benefit.
“I feel like that is a page out of Harry and Meghan’s book.”
Ms Bowie replied: “Yes, definitely how they follow the charities of the month and did all of those spotlights on certain charities they loved.
- Royal Family braces for chaos as insider fears 'drama' to be exposed on The Crown
- Queen abdication? Prince Charles takeover ‘in mind’ as Philip death ‘accelerates’ protocol
- Queen and Prince Charles leave royal fans emotional with simple 'touching' gesture
- Camilla snubbed as Duchess of Cornwall wanted 'nowhere near throne'
Kate and Prince William have been married since 2011 (Image: Getty)
- Queen's Speech: The 30 new laws announced and what they mean for YOU
- Prince Philip 'persuasive' intervention in Charles marriage row 'led to conflict' with son
- Kate puts foot down in Megxit 'fightback' as Duchess 'won't let Meghan walk over royals'
- Queen 'takes care of everybody' - goddaughter lifts lid on monarch's private life
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s final royal engagement was the Commonwealth Service (Image: Getty)
“I also just love Kate’s vibe.”
Last week a royal historian stated that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex supporting the Queen “overshadowed” other members of the Royal Family.
Dr Kate Williams told Sky News that the Royal Family were unable to harness Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s star power.
The royal commentator added that the Royal Family has a strict hierarchy but that public interest cannot be directed or controlled.
Meghan Markle and Harry couldn’t be ‘harnessed’ claims expert
Ms Williams said: “The Royal Family has a very strict hierarchy and what they would like to be the case is that the public attention goes to the more senior royals, not to the more junior royals.
“The simple fact is that you can’t direct public attention.
“People are more interested in what Prince Harry and Meghan have to say than other more senior royals such as the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
“No matter what they do it does seem that Harry and Meghan get this greater attention.”
The Royal Family tree (Image: Express)
She continued: “The fact is that whatever they did to support the Queen would often overshadow other members of the Royal Family and that was seen as a problem.
“They have this huge star power.
“They had a smaller wedding than most siblings in the same position, Andrew had a huge wedding, Anne had a huge wedding.
“They had a small wedding but still the coverage of Harry and Meghan’s wedding even though it was smaller was still as big as William’s and Kate’s because there is a worldwide fascination with them.”
Source: EXPRESS CO UK