Is Meghan Markle now speaking with a BRITISH accent? Video shows change in Duchess’ voice
Meghan Markle was born and bred in the US, giving her a thorough American accent. But people now think Meghan is speaking with a British accent after a clip of the Duchess went viral.
- ‘Unsettling!’ Meghan and Harry face backlash for ‘commodifying’ children ‘from birth’
- Queen only royal who can diffuse rift as William doesn’t ‘trust Harry anymore’ say experts
- Prince Harry may bring Archie during UK return - ‘Great diffuser of the situation’
- Princess Diana's amazing ability to 'seek out people' hailed in touching tribute
- Charles ‘worried’ about line of succession law change before Archie and Lilibet arrival
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry bought Lilibet Diana web domains before birth of daughter
Meghan Markle, 36, married into the Royal Family under two months ago, and is appearing to effortlessly transition into royal life.
As part of her new title as the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan has carried out many public royal engagements.
She has also reportedly given up garlic and her favourite food, seafood, as part of becoming a royal.
Another thing Meghan has supposedly given up is her distinctive US twang.
- Meghan left Fiji engagement 'because UN did not make her a goodwill ambassador'
- They'll never get out! Harry and Meghan 'part of royals' whether pair 'like it or not'
- William confessed A-listers refused to work with him before Harry’s star-studded doc
- Prince Charles makes cute salute to son William as he turns 39
- Queen could use 'final trump card' in threat to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Prince Charles tries to palm off anti-wrinkle cream to Camilla in cheeky gaffe
When a video of the Duchess meeting fans during her outing with? to Cheshire last month went viral, the internet was quick to notice Meghan’s apparent changed accent.
Meghan Markle: Is the Duchess of Sussex now speaking with a British accent?
The clip was posted by a woman who met Meghan during her outing to Cheshire with the Queen last month.
Meghan said my name, that’s me done😭 pic.twitter.com/167F2ubjUh
— Aya El Zeiny (@elzeiny99) June 14, 2018
It shows her engaging with Meghan in polite conversation, telling Meghan she “watched her for so long” on Meghan’s former TV show Suits.
The clip also shows the 36-year-old introducing herself to other people in the crowd and discussing the weather.
But according to Twitter users, Meghan’s accent had a new hint of British, and is starting to slowly lose her American one.
One user wrote: “I’m kind of disappointed. It seems unauthentic for Meghan Markle to be speaking with a British accent. Especially this fast. It makes it seem like something was wrong with the way she sounded before”
Another added: ““Unreasonably sad about Meghan Markle adopting an English accent and inflexions. We’ve officially lost her to the monarchy.”
The actress was raised in California and spent a lot of time living in Canada before meeting Prince Harry in 2016.
Since 2017 she has been living in the UK full-time, with many people saying her accent change was inevitable.
Defending her supposed accent change, one user wrote: “It’s not a full blown accent but it is coming out here and there. But what do you expect living with and talking to British people for a year. It’s going to happen. People don’t ridicule people for slowly adopting an American accent.”
Others pointed out that the change was bound to happen at some point, writing: “It’s only natural, though I’m surprised it’s come this quickly”.
Meghan worked as an actress before marrying Prince Harry, so her new found accent could be helped along by her training.
Once again showing off her seamless transition into royalty, Meghan looked stunning in yellow at a Commonwealth reception yesterday evening.
The Duchess wore a canary yellow evening dress, with a business-y flair thanks to the cut.
The yellow dress was by Brandon Maxwell, a designer who has dressed Lady Gaga before. The summery piece costs $1495 or £1129.85.
Championing another US brand, her earrings were from Adina Reyter, a fine jewellery brand from Los Angeles, CA.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK