CAMILLA, Duchess of Cornwall, thanked royal fans for their thoughtful birthday wishes by sharing a new picture – which reveals a never-before-seen corner of her London residence.
- Kate Middleton’s standing ovation at BBC event before Prince Harry’s Vax Live reception
- ‘I’m not coming out!’ Queen ‘locked herself’ in cabin after furious Philip began 'ranting'
- Kate 2.0! 'New era' begins for Duchess as expert says she's 'coming into her own'
- Queen makes announcement to the nation - royal tradition shattered
Camilla thanked royal fans for their birthday wishes by letting them taking a look inside a secretive corner of Clarence House’s gardens. The Duchess of Cornwall released a new picture this morning, showing herself standing next to a stunning fountain surrounded by perfectly kept bushes.
The picture was accompanied by a brief caption, reading: “Thank you for all the birthday wishes for The Duchess of Cornwall”.
In this snap, Camilla donned the same royal blue dress she wore in the photograph published yesterday by Clarence House on its social media accounts.
That photo showed the smiling Duchess surrounded by trees and plants.
- Royal Family braces for chaos as insider fears 'drama' to be exposed on The Crown
- Queen abdication? Prince Charles takeover ‘in mind’ as Philip death ‘accelerates’ protocol
- Queen and Prince Charles leave royal fans emotional with simple 'touching' gesture
- Camilla snubbed as Duchess of Cornwall wanted 'nowhere near throne'
Camilla thanked royal fans by publishing a new picture of herself at Clarence House (Image: GETTY/CLARENCE HOUSE)
- Queen's Speech: The 30 new laws announced and what they mean for YOU
- Prince Philip 'persuasive' intervention in Charles marriage row 'led to conflict' with son
- Kate puts foot down in Megxit 'fightback' as Duchess 'won't let Meghan walk over royals'
- Queen 'takes care of everybody' - goddaughter lifts lid on monarch's private life
Kate and Prince William shared this picture to mark Camilla’s birthday (Image: GETTY)
Camilla’s birthday was publicly celebrated by the Cambridges as well as the Queen.
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William shared on their Instagram and Twitter account, Kensington Royal, a lovely birthday message as well as a picture showing themselves, Charles and Camilla taken during a joint engagement carried out in February.
Similarly, The Royal Family’s Twitter and Instagram account shared a picture showing the monarch and Camilla smiling at each other.
Clarence House shared this picture yesterday ahead of the Duchess’ birthday (Image: CLARENCE HOUSE/CHRIS JACKSON)
Camilla returned to London in mid-June to meet, alongside Prince Charles, French President Emmanuel Macron.
The French statesman travelled to the UK to mark the 80th anniversary of General Charles De Gaulle’s Appel.
uring his day trip, Mr Macron also met Prime Minister Boris Johnson at No10, likely to discuss the quarantine period then in place for people entering the British borders.
The Queen publicly marked the Duchess of Cornwall’s birthday by sharing this picture on social media (Image: GETTY)
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo married in secret earlier today (Image: GETTY)
Camilla also visited an hospital in Gloucestershire to thank NHS staff for their continuous work during the coronavirus pandemic.
Earlier this month, the Duchess of Cornwall also visited an ASDA distribution centre in Briston to learn about the challenges key workers faced to meet demands during the peak of the pandemic.
Before royals started resuming face-to-face, albeit socially-distanced, engagements, several members of the Royal Family opened the doors to their homes to royal fans as they were carrying out royal duties via video link.
Camilla let the public take a sneak peek inside her Scottish home, including a living room and the office, as well as another living room at Clarence House.
Camilla returned to Clarence House in mid-June (Image: EXPRESS)
Celebrations for Camilla’s birthday were partly overshadowed by news Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi married in secret at Windsor.
Buckingham Palace confirmed the nuptials had taken place at 11am at the All Saints Chapel in Windsor Great Park.
A statement read: “The private wedding ceremony of Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi took place at 11am on Friday 17 July at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor
Queen ‘unlikely’ to return to London this summer says expert
This is a modal window.
“The small ceremony was attended by The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and close family.
“The wedding took place in accordance with all relevant government guidelines.”
The Queen and Prince Philip were the onlu guests spotted leaving the ceremony, approximately 45 minutes later after it started.
Leaving early gave the Queen enough time to return to Windsor Castle and prepare for the investiture ceremony with Captain Tom Moore.
Source: EXPRESS CO UK